“What a great place!”

Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Ballston Spa
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Whistling Kettle is a full service cafe and tea room with a diverse menu offering for everyone. Paninis, crepes, artisan soups, plenty of salad choices, home made scones, tea sandwiches, beer and wine and over 150+ types of tea. We also offer all our tea in bulk as well as a full line of merchandise.
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

the Whistling Kettle, in Ballston Spa (near Saratoga) provided one of the best lunches I've ever had. This restaurant is very unpretentious; my friend and I sat at one of the little outdoor (porch) tables and enjoyed early spring sunshine. I ate a crepe filled with turkey, cranberry, and Brie. The crepe itself was delicate and delicious; the generous size allowed me to take the un-eaten half along on my flight back home. The WK specializes in teas; they have 150 varieties! You can drink one with your meal and you can buy them in sample packs or larger to take home. Their French pressed coffee was excellent. All the staff -- waiters, retail cashier, everyone -- was gracious and competent. The menu includes a "high tea" type of platter, with lovely scones and a
Quiche on a three-tiered serving plate. I would love to return and sample some of the other offerings. Highest recommendation.

kettle2, Public Relations Manager at The Whistling Kettle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Thanks for this kind review Karen! We're glad to hear you enjoyed, come back when you're in town!

Reviewed 4 May 2018

I had an early dinner at this restaurant. I ordered English breakfast tea and they brought a whole pot to the table. They have a special where they bring out a 3-tier tray with goodies that you select. I had the roasted red pepper gouda soup, apricot ham & brie sandwich and a blueberry scone. Everything was fresh, hot and homemade. Very tasty!

1  Thank SS107
kettle2, Public Relations Manager at The Whistling Kettle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thanks for coming in, glad you liked our "afternoon tea" platter!

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

A popular location for lunch or afternoon tea with a comfortable, informal cafe feel to it. There’s a wide variety of loose-leaf tea, which comes to the table brewed in an effective, functional, insulated stainless-steel teapot. Soups, salads, sandwiches, & sweets can be ordered separately or as part of a tea service. There’s a modest selection of tea accoutrements available for purchase, as well as packets of teas. Tea lovers will find much to enjoy, but it’s not stuffy or fussy as to put off the casual customer. My family has a range of devoted to indifferent tea drinkers, and everyone was thoroughly delighted by the menu options and ambiance.

kettle2, Public Relations Manager at The Whistling Kettle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

We're glad you and your family stopped in, and we're glad to hear we were able to have a little something for everyone! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2018

There is usually a wait here, both to be seated and to get your food, but you get nice choice of soups, sandwiches, salads, and desserts. Phenomenal tea selection to enjoy with your meal or to take leaves/accessories home to brew.

Thanks for coming in, and enjoying the tea! Hope you'll stop in again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Our first visit here.

My wife ordered the maple walnut tea. It was very good. And I ordered the "Sinful Delight" coffee.....yummy!

For food we shared an Asian chicken salad. It was so flavorful! I ordered the afternoon tea which is where you order a soup or salad, a panini and a crepe. So I had the Lobster bisque, with a panini that had artichokes, roasted red peppers and a pesto sauce......so good.

And for dessert, a mixed berry with sweet cream crepe!

When we go back, we will probably order the same meal!!!

Lastly our server Kelley K was terrific!!!! Thanks Kelley!!!

kettle2, Public Relations Manager at The Whistling Kettle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thanks for coming in! So glad to hear you enjoyed everything, and we do hope to see you again soon!