“Terrible customer service Policies.”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #27 of 80 Restaurants in Batavia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 September 2017

This place really irked me as the customer service from the reception to the waitress was good, as was the food. It's when something goes wrong that is the test of how well the staff have been trained, and how effective the policies are that they have to follow.
There were six of us, there was a hair buried in one of the dinners. The waitress was quietly informed as these things do happen.
The response was "Do you want to speak to the manager, or shall I just let the cook know?" We were surprised by this as you'd think the manager would want to know anyway. We didn't really need to see the manager, as all we could do is to tell him about the hair.
We waited to see what would happen, but when the bills were delivered with no adjustment made, it was obvious that was the end of it as far as they were concerned.
We had to ask that some adjustment be made, about three quarters of the meal had been eaten. We thought at least a 50% adjustment on the offending meal would do, but a full comp. might be more appropriate. Instead they took off $2 !!
I went to pay our share of the bill and the cashier asked me if everything had been OK. I told him what happened, and his response was "Do you want to speak to the manager?"
So obviously this is the policy on maybe any complaint. Rather than dealing with the complaint quietly, they make the customer confront the manager. If the employee doesn't have the authority to handle the complaint , then surely they can get direction from the manager. I feel sorry for the staff as we left there feeling very frustrated.
The response should be "I'm very sorry, let me get the manager for you" or "I'm really sorry, we will look after that cost for you"

Reviewed 25 August 2017

If location and accessibility is what you look for you have found the place! Food is average at best. Servers are usually friendly and efficient. Closely relatively early.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Bob Evans is right off the thruway exit but caters to both the traveler and our local people. I had such a pleasant surprise when I looked at the new menu - four of us had full dinners of delicious food, great service and don't forget dessert.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The service was good. The waitress was pleasant. The food was average. The tea was too sweet. No big 'wow' factor here.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I'm friendly to the wait staff and a good tipper but I stiffed this one. It was obvious from the start that no one there wanted anything to do with me. The manager seated a couple that came in after me first. The server took forever to take my drink order and bring me my simple iced tea. Food took forever to come, when it did it had been sitting so long it was cold. Server never checked up on me and was shocked that I asked for a refill on my iced tea. Disappointing this is what Bob Evans has come to.