2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official HotelUS$199
PricelineUS$199
Agoda.comUS$199
TripadvisorUS$199
StayForLong
All reviews beacon falls main street outdoor patio beautiful waterfall exposed brick tall ceilings yogurt great weekend storm king this past weekend dia beacon minimalist factory fishkill makeup river nyc
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2021

Having been to Dia Beacon many times in the past years, I had no idea how quaint the downtown of Beacon is until this past weekend. We initially had planned a trip to Cape Cod but had to cancel it last minute due to family commitments... as we were leaving to see Family on Friday, I told my husband, why not just pack an overnight bag and see where we land at the end of the night. As we were driving to see family, I saw one room left at Roundhouse, so I went ahead and booked it. Not knowing what we were getting ourselves into, we were surprised by how cute the hotel is upon arrival. Having been somewhat of a planner my whole life, this past year certainly taught me a lot of things... things I didn't know I needed to learn. Anyhow, the rustic room decor, high ceiling, and wonderful brick wall/window made our stay very pleasant. We also dined at the hotel's restaurant the following day, the water view was beautiful and calming. We certainly wouldn't mind coming back here again and grab a drink at night next time.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 6 August 2021 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed a night away at the Roundhouse. The room was simple, very clean, with amazing views of the waterfall and river. Loved the location away from the busy Main Street but close enough to walk to everything. We had lunch at the restaurant in the lobby overlooking the waterfall then walked along the Main Street and enjoyed the shops.

The free room service breakfast was an unexpected touch - yogurt, freshly baked muffins and bagels and orange juice was lovely to wake up to while enjoying the view from our room.

I highly recommend this little getaway.

Reviewed 27 July 2021 via mobile

The location is great and the service is good but the room isn’t worth what we paid ($229 a night). It’s industrial chic and austere, but we had only one chair in the room and no hooks in the bathroom. On top of that several sections of the wall definitely needed to be painted / repaired. The air conditioner has 2 settings : freezing or hot. A little disappointing. The in room breakfast was nice. The place is in need of some serious upgrades. The shower was out of hot water multiple times which was a drag.

Room tip: Ask for a room that is not 119.
1  Thank JazzSooner
Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

My partner and I had a wonderful anniversary dinner the other night. I was a bit hesitant after seeing so many negative reviews, but the gripes seemed primarily with the service, and we were going purely for the ambiance, so we decided beforehand that we wouldn’t be upset if the service wasn’t 100%. WELL, our worries were in vain because the service was exceptional.

I had made a reservation for us many weeks in advance for the inside dining room, bought a new dress for the occasion and was very excited. We would be spending the night in the hotel and having dinner that evening. We were disappointed when we arrived to learn that there was an event that evening so we would have to dine on the outdoor patio, which is probably the more desirable for the views, but we could’ve gone in shorts for that and we were looking to do something a bit more upscale.

The manager, Jay, was very apologetic and did everything he could to still make the evening memorable for us. We decided to wait at the bar until a table was available right by the overlook to the waterfall. Our drinks and appetizers were comped while we waited. (Much to our surprise since we thought we were only being gifted a couple of drinks.) Once a table was available, we were shown to our table where our warm and enthusiastic server, Kai, patiently took pictures for us and wished us warm wished for our anniversary.

Truly, the entire experience was probably even better than if we had sat inside in the main dining room. I wish I had gotten everyone’s names. From the sweet hostess, to our very friendly and accommodating bartender, our server, Kai, and manager, Jay, thank your from the bottom of our hearts. You gave us a wonderful anniversary dinner and had us smiling the entire evening. Oh, and the food was great too! We had everything! Our favorites were the cheese plate, octopus and fish and chips (to die for!) I look forward to spending many more happy occasions at The Roundhouse.

Reviewed 15 July 2021

Not your typical hotel and decor. Loved the architecture and minimalist approach. A few things to note….. we were in a separate building that we needed to walk a short distance across a bridge to get to - wasn’t aware - not a big deal, but definitely noteworthy. We had a nice view out our window of the falls. Still no inside room service due to COVID. Note to hotel - you need more hooks and a towel rack in the bathroom!!! 1 hook for two people for two nights is not convenient.