“Sushi for everyone”

Sushi Time 560
Ranked #12 of 67 Restaurants in Bethpage
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 22 March 2016

I LOVE SUSHI...my wife does not, what does the sushi lover do? Go to Sushi Time 560. Understand, I do not consider myself a Sushi "aficionado," I just enjoy it. You can't beat the deal here, all you can eat sushi, sashimi, tempura, amongst a myriad of soups and appetizers.

Very busy, but after a brief 10 minute wait we were seated. An extremely pleasant young lady came to our table and explains how the system works...you check off the items on one of two paper menus (one for kitchen (cooked food) and one for sushi/sashimi/rolls,) and they bring it to your table. The staff works as ONE TEAM so the service was speedy with very nice servers. NOTE: I found all the help to be extremely friendly and helpful with all my questions.

We usually start with the Miso and Udan noodle soup... Hot, very hot (temperature.) We sampled the gyoza, (small and crispy with a tasty filling), fried rock shrimp, calamari, (not over-breaded) scallion pancakes, (small and very flavorful) seafood skewer (shrimp and salmon and the beef saty, (my least favorite.) The boneless short rib is definitely worth a try (order two, they're small.)

I then had a variety of sushi / sashimi / and rolls, Salmon, Tuna, Yellow Fin, Eel, and white tuna. All were moist fresh [tasty] fish and I did not feel that I had an overpowering amount of rice on the sushi. I tried the crispy spicy salmon roll (6 pieces to the order) and really enjoyed it. The right amount of crunch and spice with overpowering my taste buds. We had plenty and did not go away hungry. I was careful not to keep ordering until I would have to be wheeled out too. A simple scoop of chocolate ice cream was the perfect finish

The pricing for Fri and Sat night is $22.95 a person plus drinks tax and tip. For 2 people, it came to about $60, tip included. I don't think his was bad for an all you can eat, large variety, establishment serving good food.

DO NOT FORGET, this place is a BYOB so take advantage of that and bring some North Fork One Woman Vineyards and Winery Gewurtz or Gruner or Finger Lakes, Standing Gewurtz with you, it will definitely compliment the dining experience.

Reviewed 20 February 2016

Decent food, horrible service. Went in at 1pm on a Sat, and there was only 1 other group in the place. Took 20 minutes for hot tea to be served. 1st order can somewhat timely. 2nd order took another 20 minutes, and only half of it was served. Waitress claims we didn't order what we were missing. She then grabs my sheet and shows me, only problem is the items in question were clearly marked. Refusing to admit the error was on her part, she partially blamed sushi chef and then told me I could "re-order". By now a few other tables are filled and I could only imagine how ling the wait would have been. Walked out. Will never return.

Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

We went here with three other couples! We had a great time! The food was delicious and for the money we paid we all enjoyed and tried new things!
We will definitely be coming back!

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

My favorite sushi place!! They have 50% off take out from 11am to 5pm everyday. They also have all you can eat everyday and hey who doesn't want as much sushi as you can stuff into you for $20! I've tried almost all the sushi on the all you can eat menu and it's all delicious. I'm a regular whether I do dine in or take out! So worth it and the employees are quick and respectful and always walking around with more water and more menus!! Hope you all enjoy. Go on an empty stomach if you do all you can eat

Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

Went there 3 times within 2 weeks with different people and with my husband alone one time. You get unlimited sushi as well as appetizers, soups, salads, and hot small dishes. You fill out a little form with what you want to start and then they'll bring more of anything when you want more. They even give ice cream for dessert. 19.95 a person weekdays and 21.95 a person on weekends! Definitely try if you like sushi!