“Interesting small eatery”

Czech Pleeze
Ranked #34 of 228 Restaurants in Binghamton
Cuisines: Czech
Reviewed 5 February 2018

This is a small restaurant at the East Side of Binghamton. Apart from the more conventional subs and sandwiches, it also serves a menu of Eastern European delicacies. Ordered the sampler, which has Holubki (cabbage roll), city chicken, Pirohi (potato dumpling) and Halushka (egg noodles). Every thing is delicious. Service is good and price very fair. When around town, this is the best place to taste local cuisine and understand the long history of immigration to the Southern Tier.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I went there from Oregon to try some foods I grew up with from the first ward. I tried the holubki, pirohis, and kolachkis. yummy.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Whenever I am in the area I love stopping by Czech pleeze because you can order a mix of items all very similar to how my extended family cooked...I am never disappointed.

2  Thank Ann C
Reviewed 3 August 2017

This place is totally awesome! If you are looking for a regular place this one is not it. If you are looking for a unique little getaway then this is your place. We love the spicy Mac and Cheese.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We came here after buying one of those $10 coupon deals. I was hesitant due to reading some reviews about the silverware and place settings, but this place was fantastic. My boyfriend and I each got a sampler which includes 1 holubki, 1 city chicken (a ground chicken mixture on a stick that's actually pretty good), 2 pierogi (they're called pirohi here), and a side for $11.49. It was very filling. These potato and cheese pierogi were absolutely AMAZING. The guy cooking was personable, and the prices were beyond fair.
Is this fine dining, or good for a fancy date night? Probably not, because this is a plastic silverware sort of place. But the home cooking is fantastic, and definitely cooked with secret ingredients of love, dedication, and hard work.

We plan on coming back to get more pierogi and trying out some of the desserts. Definitely worth a drive to check it out.