“Perfect for pizza and apps”

Cortese Restaurant INC
Ranked #4 of 226 Restaurants in Binghamton
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 26 December 2017

We stopped by to have pizza for dinner and decided on some apps as well. The pizza is always delicious with a delicate crust and cooked perfectly. They offer a variety of toppings and one of our favorites is homemade sausage. We also ordered an order of scallops and shrimp in marinara sauce. Their sauce is amazing and dunking fresh bread in it is a must. They have a full bar service with a nice variety of wine, beer and spirits. The service was excellent with very friendly bartenders and staff.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Great food. Very good service. the Italian dressing with blue cheese on the salad is
outstanding. New York strip steak was very good.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Although we have lived here for years, we never visited Cortese's. I was really looking forward to it. The entry way is very attractive but once you are in the main eating area, it is very plain. We ordered eggplant parmesan, and spaghetti and meatballs. The service was very speedy and very good. The food was attractive. The salad was very good. The eggplant parmesan and the meat balls were good but nothing special.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

All I got from going through negative reviews was a sense of people that are looking to be unhappy, what a bunch of nonsense. Some things just happen and can happen at any restaurants.
My only negative comment is they got rid of the olive oil and herbs with the bread! Man I love that, much better than butter. Their salad could be a little more substantive but it is included so you don't expect it to be a full house salad! Their Bleu Cheese is tremendous, too good actually, I don't have the will power not to order it.

I typically get the chicken parm and pasta which never disappoints but also love their lasagna! Their pizza is great and anyone who doesn't like their sauce, well doesn't know sauce!

This is always a must stop while in Binghamton.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Haven't been to Cortese for several years as I moved from the area. When I returned, I was not disappointed. Their pizza has always been unique and it still is the best!! This is a MUST whenever i'm in town.