“Great place for lunch”

Ranked #21 of 221 Restaurants in Binghamton
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We will be CLOSED for renovations + re-design: Sunday, Feb 19 Sunday, Feb 26 Monday, Feb 27 Tuesday, Feb 28 Wednesday, Mar 1 Join us for our "Galaxy 2.0 Re-Launch" Weekend kicking off on Thursday, March 2 at 5pm! Galaxy Brewing Company is an award-winning brewery + kitchen + bar in the heart of the re-invigorated downtown Binghamton. It was founded in 2013 by a father and son team who have beer in their blood, having been raised in a long family tradition that uses locally sourced ingredients and maintains very high standards of excellence. The long, sleek full-service Galactic Bar offers twelve Galaxy brews with rotating and seasonal taps, craft cocktails, and select wines. The scratch-kitchen menu features brew-inspired, elevated comfort food with a focus on Fusion and American Contemporary cuisine. It includes soups, salads, share plates, burgers and sandwiches, mains, and sweets. In addition to the brewery + kitchen + bar menus, Galaxy has a Bites + Flights Happy Hour (Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, + Sun / 4pm to 6pm) which offers specials on select beers, cocktails, wines, and delicious share plates. There is a main stage in the dining room which showcases local and regional bands and other entertainment acts throughout the month. Galaxy also offers Tour + Taste monthly events to visit the brewery and sample beers and beer-inspired dishes. The space is also perfect for large party reservations and semi-private parties with various menus and price ranges to choose from.
Reviewed 10 November 2017

My husband and I happened to be in downtown Binghamton around lunch time so we thought we would try out the Galaxy Brewing Company, because so many people have raved about it. We were not disappointed. We loved the modern decor, lots of tables. We had the Thanksgiving turkey sandwich - really good. Our server,Katie, was so nice and helpful. They brew lots of different types of beers and she helped us to select just the right beer to enjoy! They have a wonderful menu - including options for vegans and gluten free. The food was just as good, if not better than Lost Dog (and we love Lost Dog). Only down side is that it is located in downtown Binghamton, so parking is an issue. We were lucky to get a parking spot less than a block away. But honestly, it was such a good place, if you have to walk a few blocks, well worth your effort. Highly recommend, especially if you are into IPA beers - they have a good selection to choose from (and you are supporting a local business!).

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Beer selection was OK had purchased a flight of beers enjoyed two of the The local brews Service there was fantastic If you happen to be in Binghamton New York I feel it’s worth the stop bye

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Knowing I enjoy really good craft beer, my son-in-law researched some great breweries to stop at on my way back home. Thankfully he included this one. Tried a flight of their beers, all excellent. The server was attentive and helpful, and poured some extra half samples to try as well. Also had their 3 course for $15. Great food. Will definitely be back next time I am in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Not great. Went in expecting an interesting selection of beers and possibly cocktails. My husband ordered a beer that he ended up really disliking the flavor of and not finishing. I ordered a coctail which was rather bland and boring. They have a rather sparse liquor selection (I understand it is a brewery, so I wasn't expecting a ton, but it was still rather simplistic).
The barteners were constantly away from the bar chatting. Leading to poor service and a lower rating. As even if we wanted to order something else no one was anywhere to be found.
I don't see any reason to go back at any point.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Coming from Germany and beeing a beer drinker, this is the place to be for me. Good variety of beers, well balanced, good taste. Liked the food also.
In Germany and Austria you´d expect frrom a "Brauereigaststätte" - Restaurant in a brewery - good food going with the beers they offer. The Menu is mainstream but we were not disappointed that day. Would come again