“Nice upscale dining”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Greater Binghamton's Quintessential Steakhouse Since 1978
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Several years ago, my husband and I had a bad dining experience at the Number 5 and did not want to go back. However, we met up with a friend for drinks recently at the Number 5 (his choice) and after he left, we decided to stay for dinner. We are glad we did. Our server, Jordan, was such a nice young man. Very attentive and made us feel very welcome. We had the chicken cordon bleu - excellent and very filling. Glad we did not have a salad or appetizer, as we could not even finish the chicken - there was that much to eat ! It is expensive to dine here, but we did enjoy our dinner, so it was worth it. Food quality was soooo much better than the last time.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Good food but way over priced, even considering the drink menu. Staff were too over attentive as it was not busy. Good place to go for a special occasion if the price does not matter.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Our kids had our 40th anniversary party at Number 5. The food and service was excellent! The restaurant itself is a beautiful place and family eat there a lot, either eat in or take out!! You can't go wrong eating at Number 5! Totally recommend!!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Number 5 is one of the nicer choices Binghamton has to offer if you're looking for a more upscale choice. Not the place to go if you're bargain-hunting. If you don't like your food, let them know and they will make it right. Sophisticated dish options, not just the average fare. I would recommend for romantic date night.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I'm here on business and the hotel suggested this restaurant
It is pricey but definitely worth it
First the service was impeccable and very attentive which is not always the case when I travel alone . The old fashion was perfect and delicious . I had the oysters Rockefeller which were very tasty. They serve fresh sour dough bread hot from the oven with two types of butter - regular and honey Dijon. The salad was fresh medical zest greens with the right amount of Balsamic vinegar. The main course was the veal chop (the pricey part of the meal but one of my favorites) was done perfectly med rare and was delivered delicious I had a side of asparagus which was good
I finished the meal with Bananas Foster. Yummy I know a lot of food but I hadn't eaten all day. I'll definitely be back