“Unique Restaurant in Canandaigua”

Rheinblick German Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 108 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: German
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I've always wanted to try this place but never got around to it. Finally my wife and I made it over here for dinner and we weren't disappointed. My wife got schnitzel and I got the sausage platter. Her' s was cooked perfectly and was served with a mushroom sauce and spaetzel. Mine was served with potatoes, kraut and some different mustard and they were incredible. Service was great and dessert looked good too. We will be going back soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

We ordered typically German Weiner Schnitzel and a selection of sausages. Both were cooked well and accompanied by perfectly cooked sides.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Back in the day, I used to eat frequently at the Rochester German Club and the food was very authentic and tasted great. Have tried other German Restaurants over the years but never had food that lived up to that memory. My wife and I decided to give Rheinblick a try after hearing from friends who had eaten there and checking the ratings on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. We went for lunch and started by sharing a Kartoffelpuffer appetizer served with applesauce. They were fantastic. For our lunch, my wife had the Schweinerbraten Lunch served with spatzle and red cabbage, while I had the Schnitzel Lunch served with warm German Potato Salad and Red Cabbage. Everything was prepared perfectly and equaled my memories of years ago. We ended by sharing an Apfelstrudel a la mode. It was great. And we were sorry our lunch had come to an end. Our server was excellent and helpful in recommending a dish for my wife. We will be going back.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Very few traditional German Restaurants in the Rochester or local area... We had a wonderful meal, way more food than you can eat in one sitting, but the food was fantastic...

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I met a friend here for lunch last week, which was unusual for me because I’ve had dinner here at least a dozen times, but never lunch. Their lunch offerings (located near the back of the menu) has a number of items that I would have enjoyed, but I selected one with two different German sausage and potato salad with sauerkraut. As always, everything was superb, and just the right amount without getting overly stuffed. I love this place, which has BY FAR the best German food I’ve ever had in upstate New York, Five stars all the way!