All reviews honeymoon suite front porch attic room cookies finger lakes candied bacon bed and breakfast with vanilla ice cream day bed wonderful hosts out of this world common areas drinking wine highly recommend staying here home base my husband and i attending a wedding
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This B&B was absolutely beautiful! The house is decorated lovely. We stayed in the Attic Suite, which was large, had a very comfortable bed (plus a separate couch and day bed), walk-in closet and mini fridge. The 4-course breakfasts were delicious and Kathy was accommodating of my food allergy. There is a great front porch to enjoy coffee and tea. We found it to be a great location-a couple minutes from the downtown restaurants and 1/2 mile to a public swim spot on the lake. Good location to explore upstate NY. Thank you Kathy and Joe!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PA2005
Kathleen L, Owner at 1837 Cobblestone Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

PA225, Thank you for the very kind review. Joe and I are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to your return visit. The front porch is a perfect spot to have your morning coffee one of my favorite spots in the house. Thank you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the moment we arrived to the time we left (4 days later), we felt welcomed and pampered. Each morning we were greeted with a 4-course breakfast that was presented beautifully and tasted delicious. The bacon was my favorite! Kathy and Joe were very helpful with information about the area and places to have dinner, etc. Our room was cozy and well appointed. I really appreciated that Kathy had not over decorated the room leaving little space for us to put our travel items. This happens in many B & B's. The location is a nice central location to view the Finger Lakes Area. We used it as home base for about 4 days. We would love to return again, but unfortunately we live in California and have other places to visit. Thanks Joe and Kathy!

Room Tip: We found the Issac Parrish suite a bit small. If we came again we would choose the Honeymoon Suite.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Kathleen L, Owner at 1837 Cobblestone Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Crusader93291,
We are so happy you enjoyed your 4 days at the Cobblestone Cottage. The bacon is also Joe's favorite part of breakfast! Thank you for your very kind review. I hope your travels someday send you to back to the Finger Lakes.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at The Cobblestone House B&B in Canandaigua, NY. When I drove up to the house I was enchanted by the front porch and took advantage of sitting down and just relaxing. Cathy the owner is very welcoming and thinks of all the little details, like fresh made cookies when you enter the home, to jars of snacks throughout. My room was decorated tastefully in line with the image of the home. Very comfortable bed and bedding. The B&B was very clean and decorated beautifully. I enjoyed the breakfast the next morning and Cathy even makes a dessert for the meal using fresh local fruit. The home is conveniently located to downtown Canandaigua, just a short drive to the City Pier. I would definitely recommend to all my family & friends.

Patty D.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Patricia,
Thank you for the wonderful review, you are very kind. We are so happy you enjoyed your time at the Cobblestone Cottage. The front porch is my favorite spot rain or shine! I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Since this was our 1st visit to the Finger Lakes, we didn't want a large chain hotel. What we wanted was a beautiful, intimate B&B. Cobblestone Cottage was the perfect choice!! We are well seasoned travelers who have stayed in many B&B's throughout Europe, UK and the US. This is, by far, the loveliest B&B we've stayed in!! We chose the Honeymoon Suite - it's large and extremely comfortable. The bed is excellent and the bathroom is clean, large and well appointed. There is a fireplace, a window seat and comfy chairs to relax in. The breakfasts were unique and wonderful. It was a delight to stay at the Cobblestone Cottage!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

buzzpatton9,
Wow the loveliest B&B you stayed in!! That's a very nice compliment. We are so pleased that the Honeymoon Suite was just perfect for you . We hope to see you again if your travels send you our way again.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I visited Cobbelstone Cottage during the bank holiday weekend. Arriving to glorious weather, a glistening finger lake, and a warm welcome from Kathy and Joe, it was hard not to feel instantly at home having been greeted with freshly baked cookies. The rooms were immaculate and stylishly designed to modern comforts whilst retaining their historic charm. The back story to the cottage of being part of the underground railroad eith hidden rooms, and having a vintage truck on the drive way made it a world away from a run of the mill BnB. The breakfast each morning was simply fantastic. Four courses and as tasty as they looked. Kathy and Joe served fresh produce and baked goods straight out of the oven. They alsp joined us for a quick chat each morning. I'm normally not one to be easily impressed but I couldn't rate Cobbelstone Cottage more highly. An absolute delight to stay for a weekend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Toml605,
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at the Cobblestone Cottage. We thank you for the wonderful review. We hope to see you again.