“Good Bones, Suffering from flesh eating disease”

Crabtree's Kittle House
Ranked #1 of 1 Chappaqua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Beautiful location. Stunning building. Falling to pieces. We stayed for 4 nights. Windows hadn't been washed in years - spider webs and dirt. Only one window had a screen which had been badly repaired. Bathroom radiator peeling paint and filled with dust balls. Not a single electrical outlet in the bathroom. Tumbleweeds on stairway.
In dining area, windows repaired with duct tape. Wires haphazardly tacked to walls.
Sad to see such a gem falling into gross disrepair.

Room Tip: no elevators
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Last week we celebrated my dad's 85th birthday at Crabtree Kittle House. It was a perfect spot in an 18th century inn in Chappaqua. The farm to table food was delicious and beautifully presented. The menu offered an assortment of dishes and everyone was thrilled with their choice. Tiffany Hogan helped me plan the event and was wonderful to deal with. They have two private rooms and a lovely restaurant as well. We chose the "Wine Tasting" room for our party of 13 which was perfect for the table but tight for the passed hors d'oeuvres which I wish we had thought out a bit more. Being an inn, I'm sure the rooms are very quaint, though I didn't see them. There is a Botanical garden nearby that I thought we'd visit, though never got the opportunity. I plan to return and I highly recommend you give it a try!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2017

We went for dinner with friends on a Friday night. We noticed there was a small wedding going on and we were told they had a party downstairs. We figured we better get our food order in pretty quickly. We had a very good server, professional and friendly. We put in our orders and waited. My wife and I ordered appetizers of pasta. She had bolognese, I had pesto. The portions were extremely small even for apps and very light on sauce. As far as pesto, it was like no pesto I'd ever seen, terrible. My wife loves soft shell crab and ordered that. It was not tasty at all. I ordered the steak which was good. It took a very long time to get our food. It's good we were with friends we enjoy. Bus service was slow presumably working the wedding or party also. Ambiance is ok. Prices are high.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We love the kittlehouse inn. Great food. Unbelievable wine cellar. And the staff is so helpful and friendly. Leo, the Sommelier, is so knowledgeable and personable. We love the town of Chappaqua and the beautiful neighborhoods. We will be back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2017

Kimberly and her team helped plan an amazing event for us. We were able to enjoy ourselves as hosts and everyone had a fantastic time. We received many compliments on our affair. Her attention to detail, responsiveness and caring nature are unmatched.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chappaqua
17.5 km away
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
4.6 km away
Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
11.6 km away
15.5 km away
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
#7 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to Crabtree's Kittle House? Share your experiences!