“The look is better than the food”

Crabtree's Kittle House
Ranked #1 of 1 Chappaqua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We have been to Crabtree's Kittle House several times, mostly for birthday parties, political events and luncheons. People choose it because it is large, with several different spaces to accommodate your needs, and it has pretty decor, but neither the food nor the service measures up to the look. My husband and I and our friends have consistently been disappointed in the quality of the offerings and slowness of the service. I hope no more of our events are sited there so that I don't have to go back. It has a few austere rooms to stay in, but I wouldn't choose it.

Room Tip: No good rooms
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Amenities such a reading light next to bed would have been welcome, but the room was large, clean and charming. Good hot shower. Nice setting. I know the included breakfast was only continental, but some attention such as a glass of water from the waiter who seemed to do nothing but drift through the room periodically would have been nice. Setting out good bread with a toaster that wasn't plugged in, and wasn't within 12 feet of an outlet didn't make much sense, but it was overall a pleasant stay. Tip: dogs and cat wander the interior, so if you have allergies, be aware.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Took the wife for a romantic dinner last night. The service was top shelf. The food was fresh and distinctive. Many choices. Elegant ambiance. Have been here many times but it was without issue for us. Rarely do I feel this way.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Beautiful location. Stunning building. Falling to pieces. We stayed for 4 nights. Windows hadn't been washed in years - spider webs and dirt. Only one window had a screen which had been badly repaired. Bathroom radiator peeling paint and filled with dust balls. Not a single electrical outlet in the bathroom. Tumbleweeds on stairway.
In dining area, windows repaired with duct tape. Wires haphazardly tacked to walls.
Sad to see such a gem falling into gross disrepair.

Room Tip: no elevators
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Last week we celebrated my dad's 85th birthday at Crabtree Kittle House. It was a perfect spot in an 18th century inn in Chappaqua. The farm to table food was delicious and beautifully presented. The menu offered an assortment of dishes and everyone was thrilled with their choice. Tiffany Hogan helped me plan the event and was wonderful to deal with. They have two private rooms and a lovely restaurant as well. We chose the "Wine Tasting" room for our party of 13 which was perfect for the table but tight for the passed hors d'oeuvres which I wish we had thought out a bit more. Being an inn, I'm sure the rooms are very quaint, though I didn't see them. There is a Botanical garden nearby that I thought we'd visit, though never got the opportunity. I plan to return and I highly recommend you give it a try!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chappaqua
17.5 km away
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
4.6 km away
Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
11.6 km away
15.5 km away
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
#7 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to Crabtree's Kittle House? Share your experiences!