“Good Italian Food”
Review of Bobby J's

Bobby J's
Ranked #18 of 133 Restaurants in Cheektowaga
Reviewed 1 April 2017

We got a chance to try Bobby J's during restaurant week I had the stuffed shells that included stuffed hot peppers appetizer a salad and a cannoli for dessert . I enjoyed all of it. We were given a tour of the dinner theater area by a proud nephew of the owner. I can see us going back and trying the dinner theater.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Bobby J's scores another hit with this months venue of dinner theater at its best, with the classic "Heaven Can Wait." Terrific cast and a delightful evening with great food anyway you cut it. (And my steak cut like butter.) If you want a fabulous night on the town with Dinner and the theater and you don't want break the bank, you cannot beat Bobby J's. For long time Buffalonians, this is the NEW (and improved) Desiderio's that they might remember.

2  Thank BrendanCunningham
Reviewed 23 November 2016

Shortly after Bobby J's opened I gave it a mostly unfavorable review based on a visit with my wife and sister in law. Realizing that they were open for only a short time, my wife and I thought that we may stop in again in the future to see if anything would be improved. So on our way home from shopping at the Galleria Mall last night (Nov. 22, 2016) we did just that. What a mistake! The bland taupe décor has not been upgraded from the initial opening. We decided to sit at the bar and order a couple of glasses of wine with thoughts of having something to eat. My wife asked what brand of chardonnay they had as their house wine and if they had an up list. They only offered their house pour by the glass, Disgusting! Tasted like mouth wash. And they still use the two inch stem el cheapo wine glasses you may find at a country roadhouse. So we asked what red they had by the glass. Almost as bad cheap, cheap pinot noir. We knew it wasn't going to get any better so we accepted two glasses. Along comes this fellow who we assume is a relative to the Desiderio family, or the bar manager at worse, to question what we don't like about his wine selection. This man has absolutely no idea what a decent wine is from a bad wine unless it would say "decent or good" on the label. My wife and I are not wine snobs and we can accept just about any wine that would retail at $7.99 a bottle and up and would be willing to pay at a place like Bobby's $8-$9 a glass. But the stuff they were pouring might retail for $3 a magnum bottle and they think they are offering you a bargain while they make a killing serving such crap. I asked the gentleman why they can't offer a couple of different alternatives by the glass to the house mouth wash and he told me he has to make money! So we got out of that conversation, still being hungry, we ordered, from a different bar tender, I guess the first lady got put off by us asking for better wine, a single order of wings and a roast beef on wick sandwich. In between a glass of wine spills with to many hands on the bar between my wife, the bartender and me. So the first thing the bartender does is go and get the bottle of pinot noir to refill our glasses, which was nice. However, my pants were soaked with red wine, some splashed onto my sweater and the bar was covered in wine. She gets a very wet cloth and wipes up the wine from half of the bar, leaving me to try to absorb the wine on my pants, sweater and the other half of the bar area with cocktail bar napkins. Our wings came out good and hot. They were very good, fresh and perfectly cooked crispy. But, our roast beef sandwich never did make an appearance! I think the bartender knew because my wife asked for the check and she seemed to want to avoid us in how long she took to bring it over, by now the bar is almost empty. I was considering putting a $20 bill on the bar and leaving when she finally brought the check. In a low calm voice I mentioned that she forgot the roast beef sandwich and told her three strikes and Bobby J's is out. Only desperate people would go to this restaurant/bar. From service to attitude to bland décor I can't see anyone enjoying a meal and some conversation with loved ones or friends, no matter how good the food may or may not be. It's not just the food that makes a restaurant, it is the total dining experience that counts and Bobby J's doesn't have a clue about that. Don't go!

5  Thank trever08
Reviewed 27 October 2016

There were 11 members of our family who met for dinner on Sunday of Restaurant Week. We all had a great time and loved the choices available for 20.16. Not only did you have a choice of soup or salad but of an appetizer, entree , and dessert. The appetizer choices were stuffed hot peppers (2 peppers) , stuffed mushrooms (6) or a crock of French Onion soup. Entrees were stuffed manicotti ( 4 of them) with two meatballs, chicken Marsala with roasted potatoes and a vegetable, and Italian haddock. The choice for dessert was a cannoli or apple crisp. The apple crisp was huge but very good. The cannoli were delicious. Most desserts were akin home.
Our waitress was Christina. She was delightful, very attentive , and saw to our every need. She was very pregnant but that didn't slow her down. She saw to our larger table and some others with never a delay in service. We plan to eat there again soon to try some other specials that were offered.
It was a great experience.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I have been to Booby J's twice now and both times the food was outstanding. I had their special Chicken Geraldo both times and it was delicious. My husband had linguini in clam sauce and said it was the best he ever had. The service was great- hostess and the waitress were attentive and very friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Been to Bobby J's? Share your experiences!