“. Perfect location and a relaxing stay. I highly recommend The Milhouse Bed and Breakfast!”

The Milkhouse Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 6 Clinton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I totally recommend the Milkhouse B & B. Teresa was wonderful and extremely kind. Privacy was not an issue! My room was comfortable and clean. I felt right at home. The breakfasts were delicious. I will be back in the Vernon area again for work and plan on staying here again. Can't wait to come back!

Kim L. | Animal Ultrasound Trainer

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The Milkhouse is as described on a quiet country street. The innkeeper, Theresa, greeted us with a variety of cookies in hand. She was friendly and helpful about the area. The cozy atmosphere of the Milkhouse felt like home. The bed was comfortable with crisp, crocheted edge sheets. Theresa said the nights are still cool and had the AC off. When we returned from our receiption held in a HOT barn, we wanted our room cooler, but couldn't find the thermostat to turn the AC on. I found a fan and opened the windows. A delicious breakfast menu is listed on the website with items like, pecan praline french toast, raspberry pancakes, poached eggs, oatmeal with fruit, scones etc...I thought I would be asked what I wanted off the menu but waffles with fresh fruit was already being prepared for us. Over breakfast we learned about the interesting history of the Milkhouse. When I requested an extra towel, Theresa showed me a whole linen closet full. The stay was pleasant and truly a home away from home. I'd stay again, but ask how to turn on the AC.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
mustang084, Manager at The Milkhouse Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

I want to thank my guests for all the compliments on the Milkhouse B&B. I do leave a phone number that my guests can reach me 24/7.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Milkhouse was perfect for us. It was immaculate, charmingly furninshed and the owner Theresa was warm, welcoming and a lovely hostess. She made us a delicious breakfast of waffles with strawberries, bananas and home tapped maple syrup. We were thrilled
to have WIFI and a large screen TV for our use. Everything was wonderful. We came to visit our son at Hamilton College which is a short drive, 7 minutes, from the Milkhouse. We will most certainly return to this wonderful B&B. Such a delight.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
mustang084, Owner at The Milkhouse Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thanks for all the compliments , it's a pleasure to please my guests.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

I stayed here in March 2017 with some friends of mine, while we were playing in a tournament at the nearby Utica Curling Club. The location was very convenient, breakfast was awesome (pancakes, waffles, oatmeal with fresh fruit), and our host Teresa is very nice and welcoming. There were always muffins or freshly baked cookies available in the kitchen, as well as plenty of coffee. Very quaint and cozy house. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2016

I stayed at this cozy B&B from 11/2/16 to 11/19/16 as an extended-stay business traveler. My room was on the first floor with a private full bath. My lovely hostess, Teresa McFadden lives on the property but not in the house so my stay was very private. The house was originally built in 1837 and renovated in 2010's so it has all of the latest amenities. The bedroom is a double bed with TV, and beautiful linen. Mrs. McFadden is a former antiques dealer so the house is decorated with sturdy, high quality furniture. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and lovely with a new tub/shower. My only comment is that the ceilings are low. If you are much over 6ft tall, this may not be the place for you. Wifi is reliable and secure. There are 2 more bedrooms upstairs, perfect for the kids.
Breakfast is what I'll call "hot continental." She came over (always prompt) and served a few pancakes, a waffle, a grilled cheese and very rarely sausage. She doesn't like to cook meat in the house. Instead, I would add some meat from dinner the night before (say, fried chicken) and eat it cold. Delicious, mostly store-bought desserts are always available under the cake glass (don't say I didn't warn you). The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you would need to cook a full meal for about 10 people.
Overall, a lovely stay. I'll be back!!
Favorite part: the bed linens
Room for improvement: turn the mattress on the first floor.

Room Tip: The room on the first floor is the best one. It also has a private bath.