“Enjoyable, but could use more figures”

American Baseball Experience/ Heroes of Baseball Wax Museum
Ranked #11 of 37 things to do in Cooperstown
More attraction details
Owner description: A wax museum with a "bloopers" theater and more than 30 life-size greats of the game on display.
Reviewed 8 July 2017

I had heard that the wax museum had just added a Derek Jeter wax figure. I had been to other wax museums and felt the figures here were of similar quality. Although I recognized a couple of the figures without the posted name, I was excited to see the Derek Jeter figure. I do think that this site could use more figures and not have as much "unused" space. I would recommend visiting here.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

None of the was figures made you think it could be an actor. While I recognized most from their uniforms many of the faces were not recognizeable on their own. I don't think this place is trying to be more than at is as it only costs about $10.00. So I don't have large complaints. The paragraph of text for each display was good and even some new things (and I tend to have a pretty high opionion of my baseball knowledge). As long as you have low expectations then it is fine to visit. They say it takes an hour but if you skip the blooper movie it took less than that.

1  Thank ElvisAndrus
Reviewed 17 October 2016

We have visited the Baseball Hall of Fame many times. Each time we visit we find something new to learn from. The American Baseball Experience is one of them. If you like baseball history you will enjoy this.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We decided to check out the wax museum before the Hall of Fame. We enjoyed it but all the history was also in the Hall of Fame. If you don't care for wax figures, then just go to the Hall of Fame for even more history. But...it is interesting seeing how the wax figures are made.

1  Thank stubb2
Reviewed 7 September 2016

So unless its raining or if you really need to kill some time maybe if not don't waste your time. Really no order to this place some of the figures you wont even know who they are. its really very randomly done and at $11plus per person not worth it at all

1  Thank DonMcW66

Travellers who viewed American Baseball Experience/ Heroes of Baseball Wax Museum also viewed

Been to American Baseball Experience/ Heroes of Baseball Wax Museum? Share your experiences!