“Solid 4-Star Pizza Joint”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Been hearing about Pontillo's from my wife's grandfather for years and so it just had to be my first meal on my first trip to Cortland. We had takeout from here on my first night and went again to pick it up on day three. Loved the pizza: the crust was awesome, the sauce was fantastic, and the cheese was legit. Had several pizzas on two occasions during our visit and when we return to Cortland, will demand a return trip(s). Never ate inside but it looked really cool when I went to pick up the pizza for meal #2. Prices were really inexpensive as well. A good solid 4 stars (as in a four star pizza joint, not four star restaurant).

Reviewed 20 April 2017

We had dinner tonight for the first time. We had heard that they recently remodeled, and the place is very cute. We have ordered pizza and wings in the past for delivery, so we are familiar with their food.
Pontillo's does now serve wine and beer.
The dining room is adorable-but we were seated in a very dark corner. The rest of the place was well lit, and had natural light. I think the lighting in the corner seats should be brighter.
It was very busy! We arrived at 5:30 and were seated quickly, but by 6 it was crowded, and when we left at 7 there was a line. Wednesday night was all-you-can eat spaghetti night, which may have contributed to the business.
We started with a small antipasto. It is slated for 1-2 people, but could easily serve 3-4. The lettuce (iceberg) was very crisp and fresh, as were the cucumbers...which I haven't generally seen in an antipasto.
We ordered subs-Sausage and a Veal Parm. Both were delicious, with fresh rolls. We had Italian Garlic Wings which were well cooked and very crispy.
Good food, cute place...and a good alternative for dining in the Cortland area.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I moved to cortland,ny to be closer to family. I asked for a recommendation for a pizza and wings place. Pontillo's delivered! No pun intended. I ordered mild wings with extra sauce, and a large pizza and garlic knots. Awesome all the way around. Fresh! Fresh!! Fresh. We loved it. Although we ordered and picked up tbe food, they have a nice size place to dine in.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Pontillo's has undergone a renovation; if you are familiar with the old look, you would hardly recognize the new look – it is sleek and modern and lovely. But the food is as good as always. Thank heavens they did not mess with the kitchen!

We were there for dinner tonight – we had a medium pizza with mushrooms. It is our favorite dinner at Pontillo's. It is always served hot, is fairly quick, and it's a comfortable place to sit and visit. I love their sauce and I am always glad for an opportunity to go to Pontillo's. If you have not tried it, you should!

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

We went there for a family dinner the pizza came out was absolutely awful the wings were even worse they were burnt however I must say the atmosphere was amazing The Waitresses were great. We were not impressed with the food at all very probable of not returning. But the dining room was very nice