“Good Mexican food in the Northeast”

Garcia's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 116 Restaurants in Cortland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 December 2016

One of my favorite Mexican restaurants in the area - good food, cold drinks, good service and not a national chain. Yes, the furnishings are a bit worn but it's still a great place to take children.

2  Thank Julie T

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

I have had some great meals here but the past few meals were a disappointment. Sadly, I won't go back unless I hear some improved reviews. Management needs to keep focus. Please work on improving. I miss the good meals.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Been here a few times while visiting family in the area. Margaritas are just ok poured from the spigot. I avoid them. Food is normal Mex, ok but not great.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Large variety on the menu. Good service- attentive, and friendly. Meals were delivered speedy and hot, accurate and tasty! Able to carry a conversation without being distracted by other conversations from other patrons. Favorable experience!

1  Thank WS H
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Went by and thought the place was closed but pulled into the parking lot anyway. We saw a truck parked in the middle of the lot and a woman lying on the side of the grass, (i thought she was drunk or something). I told my husband to lets leave. Then we saw people walking in and decided to try it. Walked in, seated right away. Our server didn't know much as Mexican food, put down 2 salsa's and didn't tell us which was spicy. The salsa was ok. We ordered guacamole and it was not fresh, I am used to them making it at the table, this was store bought. The chips were very good. Food came out so fast I thought it wasn't homemade. The interior is very dated. Nothing to brag about, probably would not go back. (the woman on the grass was gone when we left.)