“Shocked”

Add it.
Gringo's Roadhouse
Ranked #60 of 113 Restaurants in Cortland
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

I've gone to school in cortland for 2 years and always hear "not so great" things about Gringos, and I have to disagree, the staff was amazing, prices were reasonable and the burrito was delicious!

Reviewed 16 October 2016

As a member of the Cortland Community Center, we as a board go out once a month for dinner. We do this at least once a month to show our local businesses support, We want to show them how much we appreciate their business.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I'd like to take credit for finding Gringo's; but it was my son who found it first as a late night stop. We were in town, looking for somewhere quick to eat and, having a penchant for Mexican food, thought we'd give it a try.

From the outside, it didn't look too appealing. It struck me as more bar (which it Is, in part) but to our surprise, it had a decent dining area. We sat in a booth, our surroundings were clean, bright and pleasant. The walls were adorned with the typical Mexican fare, but somehow it seemed more thoughtfully displayed than the average Mexican restaurant.

The restaurant was well attended by college students, but there was also a mix of families. The only time I thought twice about the experience was when using the bathrooms; they reside on the bar side. Though the bathrooms were adequately clean, I thought for early evening, the older bar crowd seemed, well...dubious. (Management- if you are marketing to the family crowd, this may be a consideration).

Conversely, for an older, late night crowd, this could be a fun eatery.

Julie was our waitress, she is bubbly and has excellent customer service skills. I see she is mentioned in other reviews and she may be part of the draw. She provided a good description of the various food items, was interested in us as customers and engaged.

I found it unique that you can order your food wet or dry (additional cost for the wet, moister meal). I'm usually drawn to the extra sauce, but was intrigued by the "dry' and decided to go with a dry beef burrito. I had a Mexican Beer, my wife a margarita and some kind of Mexican salad. Nachos were delivered before the meal and were tasty. Bottom line, we were both very pleased. I felt it was both quantity and quality.

Though I went with the "dry" I was thoroughly pleased with the overall taste of the burrito. Being dry, gave it a different taste than what I'm accustomed to and it was a pleasant change.

My wife equally enjoyed her meal as well. We haven't found too many restaurants in Cortland that we've been overwhelmed by just yet. Gringo's was good, affordable and a positive experience, largely because of the upbeat server. Though the food was also good!

From a cost sense, I found this affordable for the college crowd and families. Always a plus.

This will be a restaurant we'll be revisiting, if for no other reason, so that I can try (and compare) the "wet" Burrito!

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

First off, our waitress Julie was super helpful and extremely nice. She recommended a Margarita, so I went with mango and was not disappointed. Thanks Julie! We ordered the jalapeño popper appetizer. Amazing. Seriously, they were delicious. We also had tacos. One chicken and one beef. The chicken was so moist and flavorful. Yum! The beef, not so much. It was cold, and just plain ground beef. Bland. We got a side of rice and beans. Well, the rice was chewy. Not good. The beans were ok. We also had the chicken and peppers quesadilla. Yum yum! It was delicious. So, some was good. Some was delicious, and some was just blah. But, we'll be back.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

I love the ambience at Gringo's! It's so cool Tex-Mex! I think their pulled pork wrap is the best I've had anywhere. They are very accomodating and friendly. I