“Solid food. Great drinks”
Review of Tenampa Restaurant - CLOSED

Tenampa Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

This is our local Mexican joint and we go there usually twice a month.. It is family run and the owners could not be any nicer, that said the service staff is just as pleasant but usually informally trained and somewhat inconsistent.. Honestly, I don't care, as long as my food comes out hot and fresh I don't mind. I dont watch the clock for app to entree timing. If you do don't come here its very casual.. The tequila is one of the best in Westchester and one of the the best margherita's I've had. Tequila, fresh lime juice, agave and cointreau. Absolutely perfect. Fajitas and enchiladas are consistent and delicious there are also daily specials to choose from which are well thought out. My favorite part besides the tequila is the home made and very flavorful salsa but the super hot one is the one I always ask for. Love it...I enjoy very visit.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

We went here with a groupon. The food was edible; just edible. The service was so-so. But what will keep us from ever coming back is the way the groupon was handled.

We were ten cents short of the full groupon amount. The waitress, and then the manager, insisted that the groupon wouldn't go through because we didn't spend the full amount. Huh? We laughed, as we thought he was joking. It was no joke. We had to add something to the bill to bring it over the amount, but they didn't have anything for a dime. We told them to just add the dime to the bill, but they would have nothing of it. They must have thought that we were mentally challenged. So we bought a coffee to go for two bucks. Lousy coffee, by the way.

The best a restaurant can do with a groupon is have people eat less than the full amount! THEY make out on that deal. Never will we return. So many better options in the area.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Guacamole was basically mashed avocado and some tomatoes and red onion thrown in, truly horrible. Salsa for the chips was ketchup tasting.
Would not go back.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

This restaurant should be great. It offers the usual Mexican-food selections, but has a variety of unique offerrings. However, the quality of food preparation is quite variable - great on some nights, just marginal on others. I'm told that the mixed drinks are excellent - but I usually stick to beer.

Reviewed 18 September 2014

This is the worst Mexican food that I have had. I know this area is not known for Mexican food but come on. Salsa brought to the table must of been straight from the jar and the worst that can be found. Re-fried beans were thin and flavorless, Burritos were not at all good. I should of read the reviews before I went.