Budget Motor Inn(Stony Point)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$131
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$90
US$81
Nyack Motor Lodge(West Nyack)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$139
Doubletree.com
All reviewslibrary suitehamilton househudsonairbnbevan
Reviewed 5 July 2016

This place is very dirty, old and dusty. It needs a lot of work and is poorly maintained. The pictures on the website are old and the pool needs an update. The rooms should be more like $65 a night. Also, it advertises itself as having a BBQ grill as an amenity. When we asked the inn keeper if he had one, he said there was "no" grill available. We saw one in the back of the house.

Room Tip: Not worth it
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYC0606
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We recently visited Sleepy Hollow, New York and stayed at the Alexander Hamilton House. Our host and Innkeeper Tom made our stay delightful. The accommodations were lovely, the breakfast Tom prepared were delicious and everything made from scratch. Tom's advice about restaurants and places to visit in the area was spot on. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit, the B&B, our Innkeeper, the food and the folks we met who were also staying at B&B. It was a great weekend! Thank you Tom!

Room Tip: The rooms are lovely, go online and select the room that suits your taste!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed 12 June 2016

I had such high expectations from this place and I must say I was disappointed. We could only spare one night away from NYC and had planned on a romantic, spontaneous getaway. We called Tom at the 11th hour - Thursday afternoon, a day before we wanted to arrive. Tom had availability but said there was a 2-night minimum and that even though this was for the following night and he had other rooms available, we'd have to book at 11am the day we wanted to arrive for him to waive the 2-day minimum. That was pefrectly acceptable (and we were, indeed, spontaneous) but his tone made us feel so unwelcomed that I already lost a bit of my appetite. I then learned that the 175-195$ quoted on the website for our room are indeed 237$ (including tax and 10% mandatory gratuity - why don't you just say that the "complimentary" breakfast is 20$?). Then when we got there no one was around to greet us (Tom informed us of that in advance, saying "I have a life too"), although we got there at 5pm not some unreasonable hour, and in the morning when we asked to hang at the pool after checkout he made a comment about the weather and we were already on our way as we really felt unwelcomed. All around I got a strange feeling that he was doing us a favor. He has a very nice place and the town is lovely but I'm afraid we won't be back.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michal N
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Spent two days here to see the sights. Great location, only a few minutes from the train station by taxi, and very handy to Sleepy Hollow and West Point and all the other places to see in this area. Luckily I called before I arrived and was told by the innkeeper, Tom, that he was visiting his parents and had left a note on the backdoor which explained how to get in. I assumed this was unusual, but I noticed when I got back the next night there was another note for someone on the back door. Had booked the Victorian Room which has a modern shower stall in corner with antique look fittings. I went to take a shower, but hot water didn't show up after running it awhile. Being from drought stricken Los Angeles I am conditioned not to let water run very long, so shut it off and called Tom who was now back. He said I just had to let it run longer. He let it run and run until I was feeling squeamish at the loss of water. Finally he decided there was a problem with the water heater for this room and after checking his schedule, kindly switched me to Master Suite: a very large and lovely room and more costly then the Victorian. The bed was very comfortable, and area quiet, so I slept well. But beware the shower stalls. Turn the head away from the door before you turn it on if you don't want to get wet before you get in.There are three time choices for breakfast, which is very handy as on the first morning I wanted to get out early to pick up my rental car. Breakfast was good: fruit and eggs and sausage. If you have a car you must park in the back which does not have many spaces and has a narrow entrance. I only say that because the car rental place gave me a minivan instead of the small car I reserved, and it had the turning radius of a Greyhound. But luckily there weren't a lot of cars there at this time, so I managed. Overall, lovely home, comfortable and plenty of room, with a nice breakfast and an friendly innkeeper.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Alexander Hamilton House for three nights of our driving trip through New England. Everything from the grounds, our spacious room, the breakfasts, the very comfortable community sitting areas and our host, Tom, made our visit to the area a treat. Tom very graciously accommodated my gluten-free dietary requirements and prepared delicious GF breakfasts for me. Our room was the Library Suite......very comfortable and has a large sitting room included in the space. We liked how Tom has a sign-up list for a breakfast time. We always took the earliest time and, thus, had the opportunity to share breakfast conversation with other like-minded travelers who were there to visit the beautiful, historic sites that abound around Croton-on-Hudson.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple