Budget Motor Inn(Stony Point)
US$58
  • Fitness centre
US$136
US$104
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

US$131
thetimehotels.com
US$90
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

US$68
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

Nyack Motor Lodge(West Nyack)
US$75
US$152
US$160
ComfortInn
US$141
US$130
Doubletree.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2016

My wife and I travel frequently and when we do...we try to stay at a B/B instead of a hotel. This was our first trip to Croton-on-Hudson and the Alexander Hamilton House is a gem. We arrived on a Friday afternoon and Tom, the Innkeeper, met us at the kitchen door and told us where to park. Granted, parking spaces are at a premium...however, with some common courtesy there were no problems. We were greeted warmly and offered some fresh muffins that he had baked earlier in the day. Nestled right in the middle of a residential street it seemed like an odd location for a B/B...however, the place is truly interesting. The first floor contains a large enclosed porch and dining area adjacent to a large living room (complete with piano). The grounds are not large, but they are inviting. There is an in-ground pool and an outdoor chess set (pretty cool). You are a 10 minute walk into the town and there is plenty to see and do. If you are a bit more adventurous, a 15 minute walk puts you down along the Hudson River where the views are quite spectacular....however, the trip back up the hill is a bit daunting!
We booked the "Rose" room. When you arrive, Tom gives you a binder of information on the house, the room and the area. It was great to have all that info in one convenient location. Breakfast was fresh and wonderful. One morning was quiche along with fresh fruit and muffins, etc. The next was fresh pancakes and real maple syrup! The bed was comfortable and quiet. I will only make two comments....the rooms do not have central air....and the window unit was noisy...but not so much so that it interrupted our visit. The only other comment was that the bathroom for the room we had was across the hall. Granted, this was fully explained when I booked the room and the bathroom was for our private/exclusive use...however, on our next trip I will make sure we rent a room with a bathroom "en suite". The house was great. Tom was an excellent host and we were quite pleased with the time we spent there. Kudos to Alexander Hamilton House...

Room Tip: If you can book the Bridal Suite...do so...pretty spectacular!
1  Thank Sjones02
Reviewed 5 July 2016

This place is very dirty, old and dusty. It needs a lot of work and is poorly maintained. The pictures on the website are old and the pool needs an update. The rooms should be more like $65 a night. Also, it advertises itself as having a BBQ grill as an amenity. When we asked the inn keeper if he had one, he said there was "no" grill available. We saw one in the back of the house.

Room Tip: Not worth it
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYC0606
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We recently visited Sleepy Hollow, New York and stayed at the Alexander Hamilton House. Our host and Innkeeper Tom made our stay delightful. The accommodations were lovely, the breakfast Tom prepared were delicious and everything made from scratch. Tom's advice about restaurants and places to visit in the area was spot on. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit, the B&B, our Innkeeper, the food and the folks we met who were also staying at B&B. It was a great weekend! Thank you Tom!

Room Tip: The rooms are lovely, go online and select the room that suits your taste!
1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed 12 June 2016

I had such high expectations from this place and I must say I was disappointed. We could only spare one night away from NYC and had planned on a romantic, spontaneous getaway. We called Tom at the 11th hour - Thursday afternoon, a day before we wanted to arrive. Tom had availability but said there was a 2-night minimum and that even though this was for the following night and he had other rooms available, we'd have to book at 11am the day we wanted to arrive for him to waive the 2-day minimum. That was pefrectly acceptable (and we were, indeed, spontaneous) but his tone made us feel so unwelcomed that I already lost a bit of my appetite. I then learned that the 175-195$ quoted on the website for our room are indeed 237$ (including tax and 10% mandatory gratuity - why don't you just say that the "complimentary" breakfast is 20$?). Then when we got there no one was around to greet us (Tom informed us of that in advance, saying "I have a life too"), although we got there at 5pm not some unreasonable hour, and in the morning when we asked to hang at the pool after checkout he made a comment about the weather and we were already on our way as we really felt unwelcomed. All around I got a strange feeling that he was doing us a favor. He has a very nice place and the town is lovely but I'm afraid we won't be back.

3  Thank Michal N
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Spent two days here to see the sights. Great location, only a few minutes from the train station by taxi, and very handy to Sleepy Hollow and West Point and all the other places to see in this area. Luckily I called before I arrived and was told by the innkeeper, Tom, that he was visiting his parents and had left a note on the backdoor which explained how to get in. I assumed this was unusual, but I noticed when I got back the next night there was another note for someone on the back door. Had booked the Victorian Room which has a modern shower stall in corner with antique look fittings. I went to take a shower, but hot water didn't show up after running it awhile. Being from drought stricken Los Angeles I am conditioned not to let water run very long, so shut it off and called Tom who was now back. He said I just had to let it run longer. He let it run and run until I was feeling squeamish at the loss of water. Finally he decided there was a problem with the water heater for this room and after checking his schedule, kindly switched me to Master Suite: a very large and lovely room and more costly then the Victorian. The bed was very comfortable, and area quiet, so I slept well. But beware the shower stalls. Turn the head away from the door before you turn it on if you don't want to get wet before you get in.There are three time choices for breakfast, which is very handy as on the first morning I wanted to get out early to pick up my rental car. Breakfast was good: fruit and eggs and sausage. If you have a car you must park in the back which does not have many spaces and has a narrow entrance. I only say that because the car rental place gave me a minivan instead of the small car I reserved, and it had the turning radius of a Greyhound. But luckily there weren't a lot of cars there at this time, so I managed. Overall, lovely home, comfortable and plenty of room, with a nice breakfast and an friendly innkeeper.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo