“A comfortable place.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Croton on Hudson
Alexander Hamilton House
Reviewed 28 July 2016

The Alexander Hamilton House is a comfortable place to stay. It is located on a neighborhood street in the center of Croton on Hudson. It was very easy to get to as well as only a walk away from town. The train station is not that far away from the Inn, if you wanted to do a day trip into NYC. It has a very homey feel to it. The Inn has a Victorian flare to it. The main area is very spacious. There are a number of rooms to choose to sit in on the first level. There is a very large sunroom that serves as a dining area. At one end of the sun room there is a large tv area with a leather couch that is quite comfortable.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable. the Victorian room overlooks the pool and has a nice fireplace in it. The bathroom is in this room and was quite clean. This bathroom has a shower stall and no tub. The shower head was a bit of a disappointment. The water did not flow out of it all that well. You could however, have a decent shower.
The breakfast that was served each day was wonderful. It came out hot and there was plenty to eat. There is also muffins, cereal and fresh fruit and yogurt available with breakfast. Plenty of coffee and tea along with juices as well.
The pool area was comfortable and clean. The pool was a comfortable temp to swim in. The rim of the pool needed a bit of new paint but, it was nice nonetheless. It is very quite in the pool area and I had no problem falling asleep on a comfortable lawn chair.:)
I found the Inn Keeper Tom very nice and very helpful. He had lots of suggestions on dinner places and things to do. I felt very safe at this Inn. While it was very quite, I knew that the Inn Keeper was somewhere in the house.
I Would say that if you are looking for a state of the art and new hotel or inn this wouldn't be a place for you. If you like local businesses and small quaint places, I would say that this fits the criteria.
I would stay here again. I had a wonderful experience and felt right at home.

Room Tip: The Bridal suite is lovely and large in the corner of the house. Victorian room in a corner room as...
1  Thank cindy l

Reviewed 19 July 2016

My wife and I travel frequently and when we do...we try to stay at a B/B instead of a hotel. This was our first trip to Croton-on-Hudson and the Alexander Hamilton House is a gem. We arrived on a Friday afternoon and Tom, the Innkeeper, met us at the kitchen door and told us where to park. Granted, parking spaces are at a premium...however, with some common courtesy there were no problems. We were greeted warmly and offered some fresh muffins that he had baked earlier in the day. Nestled right in the middle of a residential street it seemed like an odd location for a B/B...however, the place is truly interesting. The first floor contains a large enclosed porch and dining area adjacent to a large living room (complete with piano). The grounds are not large, but they are inviting. There is an in-ground pool and an outdoor chess set (pretty cool). You are a 10 minute walk into the town and there is plenty to see and do. If you are a bit more adventurous, a 15 minute walk puts you down along the Hudson River where the views are quite spectacular....however, the trip back up the hill is a bit daunting!
We booked the "Rose" room. When you arrive, Tom gives you a binder of information on the house, the room and the area. It was great to have all that info in one convenient location. Breakfast was fresh and wonderful. One morning was quiche along with fresh fruit and muffins, etc. The next was fresh pancakes and real maple syrup! The bed was comfortable and quiet. I will only make two comments....the rooms do not have central air....and the window unit was noisy...but not so much so that it interrupted our visit. The only other comment was that the bathroom for the room we had was across the hall. Granted, this was fully explained when I booked the room and the bathroom was for our private/exclusive use...however, on our next trip I will make sure we rent a room with a bathroom "en suite". The house was great. Tom was an excellent host and we were quite pleased with the time we spent there. Kudos to Alexander Hamilton House...

Room Tip: If you can book the Bridal Suite...do so...pretty spectacular!
1  Thank Sjones02
Reviewed 5 July 2016

This place is very dirty, old and dusty. It needs a lot of work and is poorly maintained. The pictures on the website are old and the pool needs an update. The rooms should be more like $65 a night. Also, it advertises itself as having a BBQ grill as an amenity. When we asked the inn keeper if he had one, he said there was "no" grill available. We saw one in the back of the house.

Room Tip: Not worth it
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYC0606
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We recently visited Sleepy Hollow, New York and stayed at the Alexander Hamilton House. Our host and Innkeeper Tom made our stay delightful. The accommodations were lovely, the breakfast Tom prepared were delicious and everything made from scratch. Tom's advice about restaurants and places to visit in the area was spot on. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit, the B&B, our Innkeeper, the food and the folks we met who were also staying at B&B. It was a great weekend! Thank you Tom!

Room Tip: The rooms are lovely, go online and select the room that suits your taste!
1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed 12 June 2016

I had such high expectations from this place and I must say I was disappointed. We could only spare one night away from NYC and had planned on a romantic, spontaneous getaway. We called Tom at the 11th hour - Thursday afternoon, a day before we wanted to arrive. Tom had availability but said there was a 2-night minimum and that even though this was for the following night and he had other rooms available, we'd have to book at 11am the day we wanted to arrive for him to waive the 2-day minimum. That was pefrectly acceptable (and we were, indeed, spontaneous) but his tone made us feel so unwelcomed that I already lost a bit of my appetite. I then learned that the 175-195$ quoted on the website for our room are indeed 237$ (including tax and 10% mandatory gratuity - why don't you just say that the "complimentary" breakfast is 20$?). Then when we got there no one was around to greet us (Tom informed us of that in advance, saying "I have a life too"), although we got there at 5pm not some unreasonable hour, and in the morning when we asked to hang at the pool after checkout he made a comment about the weather and we were already on our way as we really felt unwelcomed. All around I got a strange feeling that he was doing us a favor. He has a very nice place and the town is lovely but I'm afraid we won't be back.

3  Thank Michal N
22.1 km away
Bedford Post Inn
Bedford Post Inn
#1 of 2 in Bedford

Been to Alexander Hamilton House? Share your experiences!