“Fantastish experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Croton on Hudson
Alexander Hamilton House
Reviewed 1 June 2010

We needed to get away for a few days, he had never explore the Hudson Valley, the Alexander Hamilton House was the perfect fit. Tom is simply a perfect innkeeper - warm, welcoming, charming, witty, and a wonderful cook!! If there were an award for Best B&B Guestbook, Tom would win it yearly - everything one could possibly want or need to know is included in his guestbook: a history of the house, a history of the Hudson Valley Region, a TON of restaurant recommendations, information on all local attractions - if you could want to do it, it is in his book - historical sights, shopping/antiquing, hiking, water sports, &c, &c, as well as practical information - hospitals, supermarkets, train stations. It is detailed down to driving directions, walking directions (where applicable), and public transportation options as well.

Our room - the Turret Room - was spectacular. Period pieces abound throughout the house. The inn offers the usual little touches - bathrobes, toiletries, extra pillows/blankets. The extra touches are what make your stay special - afternoon snacks (freshly baked chocolate chip cookies with iced coffee, lemonade and muffins), free use of the phone for domestic calls, free internet access, cd player and iPod docking station in each room, and a inground pool!!

The property offers a breathtaking view of the Hudson River - we could have sat in the garden for our entire stay and never tired of the view! The property is also perfectly located for sightseeing - Sleepy Hollow, West Point, Bannerman Castle, the Croton Dam (to just point out a few things) - are all a short drive. Whether your idea of relaxing is laying poolside, getting out in nature, exploring eccentric little shops, or touring stately homes, the Alexander Hamilton House is the perfect base for your getaway.

We cannot wait to return in Autumn - we can only imagine how beautiful the area will be once the foliage is changing colour!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2010

This past April was our second stay the Alexander Hamilton House, and I’m sure we’ll become regulars. It is a delightful place to stay in a village that will always have a place in our hearts (former Crotonites). The exterior and interiors are visual treats, the rooms tastefully decorated, the service exceptional and each delicious breakfast introduces an interesting variety of fellow guests.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2010

For the past 2 months, I've stayed at Alexander Hamilton House once a week and I love it! It's become my home away from home! The staff is warm and caring, the rooms and lovely, the other guests are always friendly...it's truly great!

As a woman alone, when I was picking a place to stay once a week I really needed a safe location and caring people in a beautiful setting. Alexander Hamilton House gives me all this and more!

I've stayed in several of the rooms already: The Turret Room, The Rose Room, The Yellow Room, The Victorian and The Library. All clean with wonderfully comfortable beds! Don't hesitate staying in one of the rooms with a bathroom across the hall. It's very comfortable and not awkward at all. Everyone is very private and the house is set up so well that you won't notice your 2 steps across the hall. It just feels like home!

Breakfast is always wonderful. Tom cooks up something special and great each time or if you have any individual requests, he's more than willing and able to accommodate.

Like all Bed and Breakfasts, you find yourself sitting at breakfast with a table of strangers. I adore my mornings there because the other guests have all be very kind, interesting and intelligent. I've had some really great debates and conversations at the breakfast table! It's also perfectly OK to keep to yourself. I never feel pressured to interact.

Obviously, I'm a big fan! I'll be back there tomorrow evening!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I stayed for 2 nights while on business in the area and it was AMAZING. Tom, the innkeeper, actually met me out in the parking lot at 9:30 at night with an umbrella since it was pouring rain. He brought me breakfast each morning in my suite, which was fantastic. I can't say enough about how wonderful my stay was here. I chose this B&B because there aren't a lot of hotels in the area. The prices here are as good as any hotel, plus breakfast, a great innkeeper, and a beautiful location. Enjoy!!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2010

We stayed there over the Valentine day weekend and it was the perfect spot. The service was good and the breakfast in the morning was delicious. The inn was close to many attractions and the Croton Dam is breathe-taking. Only complaint I had was that we didn't stay any longer. We are definitely returning.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
21.8 km away
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester
22.9 km away
The Lodge at Honey Maple Grove

Been to Alexander Hamilton House? Share your experiences!