“Small, busy seafood oriented restaurant with tasty food, but service a bit slow.”
Review of Ocean House

Ocean House
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

They now have a wind & beer license & take reservations for same day after 4:30pm. Menu is interesting and the portions generous. Wine list short but quite adequate with good price points. Service is barely adequate, mainly due to delays (though each server appears interested and knowledgeable when they appear. The couple besides us waited a long time just to get their check. We sampled several appetizers followed by desert & coffee so cannot comment on entrees. Each was interesting and well prepared and formed a very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

The food is a consistent high quality. The effort seems lazy. Hence my mixed rating.

I ordered the Lobster Roll, which had about 1/2 pound of the finest lobster salad I've ever eaten. Perfectly poached, a little under, and very little mayo-type dressing.

Here's where the details need some attention: The roll, which should be a squared-off New England hot dog roll buttered and griddle-toasted, was a plain supermarket hot dog roll which I certainly left on the plate. And the fries? The clunkiest steak-house fries I've ever been served ... not delicate frites which should accompany such a fine entrée and balance the finished plate.

3  Thank where_to_next56
Reviewed 15 June 2017

excellent food and good service. the four of us ordered two different apps and four different entrees and all agreed the food was first rate. The ability to make reservations (same day only) is a great plus. They now serve beer and wine, but you can still bring your own and the corkage fee is still reasonable. The tuna is among the best I've ever had

Reviewed 1 June 2017

I have tried to dine here on several occasions but the wait was too long. Finally this past Sat. a friend and I waited and were finally seated outside. We had the oyster special which was wonderful, an assortment from Washington (the best) LI, Ct and Maine. We then split a mussel with White sauce ( here we believe the chef made an error because it was basically melted butter and garlic with out a hint of white wine)
My Friend had the Tuna and I scallops. She enjoyed hers as did I. My scallops were tender but only 4 on the plate. Green Beans and Spinach with garlic were sides. The spinach was outstanding. They now have wine and we had a very nice bottle of white. Overall it was an excellent evening. Next time the Lobster Roll it looked great.

1  Thank catwoman27
Reviewed 19 May 2017

At first view this restaurant seems to be too small to contain more than a few tables. My impression was incorrect. There are amply tables and elbow room between them. The New england clam chowder was wonderful.It was heavy on the clams and light on the potatoes and cream, just right. My clam cakes were delicious and light. The french fries could have been crisper. The only detraction was the noise level, much like the city not Westchester.