“Solid offering of typical Indian cuisine”
Review of Shalimar

Shalimar
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Delmar
Cuisines: Pakistani
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

This is our go to Indian cuisine venue due to its proximity and consistency. If you are hankering for an Indian cuisine fix, whether tandori chicken or a spicy lamb vindaloo, Shalimar in Delmar will not disappoint. We have always enjoyed a quality experience whether dining there or taking out. Try the jalepeno naan for a surprising and worthwhile change!

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

One of our favorite places for take out or eat in. Great lunch buffet and friendly and efficient staff. Try the Mulligatawny soup!

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

All Shalimar locations have a great affordable lunch buffet with a variety of different options that always change. On any day you are likely to see chicken tandoori, tikka masala, goat curry, chilli chicken, as well as a variety of vegetarian options and fresh, hot naan bread!

1  Thank MattyC82
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Went there for lunch group of 8 adults and 2 kids. We ordered 2 different entrees, both had same gravy, no flavor of any kind and no salt at all. We asked and the owner came out and said use table salt, this is how we do things here?? Usually if you do things your way, you would ask when ordering what kind of spice level?? I am Indian and definitely understand difference between bland and flavorful food. The whole group didn't like the taste of food at all. Don't go here, it is total waste of time and money.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Too Spicy!!! We have been going there frequently- their prices and affability are perfect. But this dinner was so spicy I couldn't touch it. And this is what I've had each time I've returned. (Palace Paneer) . I did say something to the waiter, who just expressed his regrets and said I should tell them next time to make it mild- However that had never been the case. There was no offer to replace the meal. I was very disappointed .
It will be awhile till we return.

1  Thank Terry M