“Great Staff and Awesome Pizza”

Mercatos Pizzeria Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 42 Restaurants in Delmar
Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family style Italian Pizzeria Restaurant with a banquet room and a full stocked bar. Trays of food to go. Banquet Room for parties upto 50 people. Chicken, Veal, Pasta, Eggplant, Seafood, Steak, Pizza. Homemade food. Happy hour at the bar. Open 7 days. Clean and neat place. Plenty of parking.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have been to this place 3 times now and every time the food and the staff are the same, just great all around. They are so friendly and make you feel welcome.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I used to go to Mercato's for years, but the last time I ate there, I was disappointed. I'd always enjoyed the side salad and a side of pasta w/marinara sauce. Their pizzas were pretty good as well.
But the last time I ate there, the sauce on the pasta was too spicy!
I specifically asked our waiter tonight if the sauce was spicy. I was told it was not. Well, someone was a bit liberal with the pepper in the kitchen. Frankly, Don Pepino canned sauce is much better. The salad was good; the service was good.
I asked my DH how the chicken parmigiana was. He rated it a 1 or 2 (out of 5!). The fish his dtr got was rated "maybe a 3". And everything was super expensive! The bill was $60! No drinks or dessert, either. Don't bother.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

The pizza was amazing. Our entire party had a variety of food and everyone seemed pleased. They had gluten free pizza and pasta and huge salad options! The service was very good and we enjoyed our time here.

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Stopped by on Saturday night. It did not appear to be too busy. Food was okay but took awhile to get to the table. Bar was almost empty we waited more than 5 minutes before a bartender came out from the kitchen. In talking with other patrons who were also there they reported they waited for their food also. I'd still go back I'd just plan a little better. Not a quick in and out.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Went on a busy Friday night and got a nice table that provided us with a wonderful waiter. The atmosphere is family, old Italian and comfortable space for groups as well as couples. The food was very good although limited to typical Italian. I had a Buffalo Chicken Salad with homemade blue cheese that was terrific. Our elder diner had a meatball and sausage with side salad and pasta for $12 that was more than enough food for him...and a bargain. All wines offered are $7.50 glass..mixed cocktail $7.50 & $8. We will have to return for the Pizza which seemed to be the go to for all the patrons seated nearby.