“Best breakfast sandwich you'll ever have ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McCarrolls the Village Butcher
Ranked #5 of 44 Restaurants in Delmar
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Fantastic deli with friendly and superb service. You will not regret eating one of their breakfast sandwiches. The only thing that would make this place better is if the deli was open later (and if they served mimosas and bloody Mary's at breakfast)!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The store has a family oriented atmosphere, they remember your name, there are several lines of local produce, the service is quick, and they have great soups.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I've loved going to McCarroll's since I was a kid. Fast forward fifty years...
McCarroll's is in John and Mary's Market. They make the best subs, with Boars Head meats and cheeses. Their sides are also great. I'm addicted to their store made edamame salad. Grab a soda or iced tea from the cooler in the market side and sit down for a yummy lunch. McCarroll's roasts its own turkey and pork for amazing sandwiches, on the freshest sub rolls.
You can also get freshly packaged meats, including Bell & Evans chicken and Oscar's bacon and ham...the best!!
Oh, they also make the best breakfast sandwiches.

1  Thank Curlieq55
Reviewed 11 April 2017

An outstanding place to grab a breakfast or lunch sandwich. The bacon, egg, and cheese on a roll is among the best, if not THE best I have ever had, and I spent the first 23 years of my life on Long Island and NYC. Lunch sandwiches are hearty and salads are homemade. Limited seating, but always find a place to sit.

Staff and counter people are always friendly and know you by name on your third visit.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Note this review is for their BREAKFAST process, not their deli. I've found their homemade salads to go & Boar's Head cold cuts are excellent, & their staff is friendly. My breakfast sandwich was OK but I found their process to be quite inconvenient (i.e., not customer friendly). You order at the deli counter, & they call your name when your order is ready. I was looking for the utensils & napkins when I spotted them at one end, past the meat display case. To get your coffee, you have to walk to the opposite end of the store, near the cash registers. The 1st time I went, the milk (which was in a refrigerated area) unfortunately had curdled. Figuring this was a fluke, I went back a 2nd time when they were out of decaf. As I had somewhere to go, I didn't bother waiting until they brewed some more. The eating area has no atmosphere at all (1*). There are tables & chairs set up between the deli & meat counters on one side & a supermarket frozen food section on the other side. An annoying procedure is that each table has a sign on it that says "Please pay before sitting down to eat. Thank you." While I certainly understand their wanting to make sure that their customers pay for their food, what this means is that you need to take your order (wrapped in aluminum foil) to the opposite side of the store, where the cash registers are, in order to pay. I'd ordered a breakfast sandwich which was getting both soggy & cold in the aluminum foil wrapper. Lastly, there is one unisex bathroom which you reach by going through the crowded back stockroom area which was filled with boxes, etc. & happened to have men working there at the time - not appetizing...