“New Sunday Evening Cannoli Tradition”

The New Italian Village Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 104 Restaurants in Depew
Reviewed 8 December 2015

A friend and I decided to catch up a little on a Sunday evening for some conversation, wine, and dessert. I had never been to the Italian Village before, but it appeared to have a pretty decent wine selection online so we decided to meet there.

Though the dining room appeared to be super busy (Sunday evening around 645p) we were seated right away and greeted almost immediately by a super friendly waitress. I'm pretty sure her name was Nisa (like Nice-ah), but I'm probably spelling that wrong...

Our waitress offered us with some great wine recommendations and brought our glasses out very quickly. We just ordered cannoli but weren't pressured to order more (or rushed out of the restaurant for taking up a valuable table on a Sunday evening). In fact, she told us to take our time and made us feel very welcome. She checked on us to be sure we were happy with the wine and our dessert - which we were. When it came time for the check, she indicated she was no rushing and we could stay as long as we wanted, but to simply lay the bill stand down when we were ready for her to take the check.

We ended up talking for a couple hours, and our waitress was spectacular in making us feel welcome and satisfied with our visit. The ambiance was great, the wine and dessert were terrific, and the service was top-notch. Everyone seemed to leave with great big take-out boxes filled with yummy-smelling Italian favorites.

I will definitely be back for dinner next time, and I hope to make Sunday evening cannoli a tradition in the near future.

1  Thank NicoleH788

Reviewed 4 December 2015

We went to the Italian village restaurant for dinner in December. It was very very good. It is possible to book a small room on the side, otherwise the restaurant is very big. We had the pleasure to meet with the owner, and the Chef, both were vey nice and the quality of the meal was from far one of the best for the neighborhood. I would come back to that place with no hesitation.

Reviewed 27 November 2015

Nine of us enjoyed a family-friendly, relaxing home-cooked Thanksgiving Dinner at Italian Village for the 1st time. The friendly, accommodating wait staff assisted our needs, and food was tasty! Look forward to trying their Italian food soon!! Restaurant larger than it looks, with a nice small fireplace room off to the side with a screen TV - was a nice surprise for our men wanting to enjoy their Thanksgiving football games and fireplace made it cozy! We enjoyed their buffet for $21.95 ($13.95 for child) included - 3 meat carving station, soup & salad, all the trimming buffet, & dessert station.

Reviewed 21 November 2015

Good place for a nice relaxed meal, good food choices, reasonable prices, friendly staff, would come back again

Reviewed 28 October 2015

Moved to Elma NY in 2014 from the Kenmore area and was very disappointed at the lack of decent non-chain food dining options available near our home. Just happened on the Italian Village while shopping in the area. Gave it a try and have returned 2 additional times with other family members. This has become one of our go to dining spots.

As background, this restaurant was founded on the corner of Grant and Delevan Streets on the Westside of Buffalo YEARS ago. I frequented it then because of the great food and reasonable pricing. However, I moved, as did they and I lost track of them until recently. Sign was the same and I was curious if it was the same owner. It certainly was.

As for the current restaurant I offer the following. This is a family owned and run business serving family recipes. They have an extensive menu with choices for every palate. I have ordered something different every time and have been more than pleased with every choice. Portion sizes are immense and I always have a large take home. Prices have remained reasonable. I have ordered both red sauce and white garlic sauce items....all fabulous. I come from an Italian family and can be very critical about Italian food from a restaurant. No complaints here. My husband is a big fan of pasta with clams in a light garlic/butter sauce and orders it in many restaurants. He's gotten it twice since going and said it is the best he's ever had. We've tried 3 different appetizers.....ALL have been excellent. The only item that we did not find to be great was the Tiramisu in the martini glass.....looked good, but not our cup of tea. More like a bowl of pudding versus a traditional Tiramisu. Service has always been outstanding.

The restaurant itself is somewhat dated in it's decor. Not one of your hip and trendy dining establishments. Immaculately clean though. Bar is small, but we've had drinks while waiting for a table and they do provide food service if you don't want to sit in the large dining area. I believe they have small rooms for private dining events. The best part of the experience though is the owner. He has greeted us each time we've come and thanked us for dining when leaving. We had a very pleasant conversation with him about his 1st restaurant on the Westside and he is always beyond personable.

Don't be fooled by the exterior and the location in the small strip mall. If you're looking for good homemade Italian food at prices that won't break the bank....this is a stop that you should make.

1  Thank firsticequeen