See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed just before the season started rooms were clean staff was super. Made a special ramp for my ECV. View from the rooms was perfect. They have kayaks you can use and a row boat there are fishing charter boats right at the dock. It's a little dated but it adds to the charm. We plan on making it a yearly vacation

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

We booked last minute for one night in Lake George. I was worried because the price was so economical. What would we find when we got there??? We found beautiful grounds, friendly hosts, wonderful dock area, private well kept beach and a super clean room!!! We will definitely be back!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2016

As I turn in, I stop my car across from the office, Walk inside, Very clean, The man and lady were very polite, very professional, gave me a key, I drive to the room, very nice interior, this is not the four seasons, buy it will do, Go down by the water, The beach side is sifted every morning, swept over by the dock and you can bring your own boat or rented, to dock, had a great time with other people on the waters edge, The smell of ions coming from the water is sooo good. The field is very nice from the beach looking back toward the office, They keep the fire grills clean, They empty garbage daily, just beware mind you, the maintenance guys drive gulf carts here, just keep a hand on your children.
My review is what it is, some of you may be searching for problems with a place hoping your going to be on some Hotel impossible tv reality show.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the office are nice, the rooms closer to the water are even better.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2015

We stayed here because most of the other local places are either closed or no vacancy. We found the owner at the front desk to be unfriendly. She was preoccupied and didn't seemed annoyed to check us in. Our room was freezing. The window was left open and there was no heat. Room was very basic. It kind of smelled musty and the décor was outdated. The bedspread was hanging on the floor from the poor fit and the blanket underneath was worn out and stained. The sheets had hair on them and so did the cheap, wimpy bathroom towels. We found cookie crumbles & pebbles on the carpet when we walked with our bare feet. The bed was too firm in spots and worn out in others leaving to a uncomfortable night sleep. We requested new towels in the morning and our housekeeper flies up in a golf cart and almost runs into the side of our car. He was like a cartoon character and also seemed annoyed he had to do something. Overall, we would never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Sophie B
Reviewed 9 August 2015

Friends have raved about Capri Village so when I decided to add a night to my family vacation I was happy when Capri was able to accommodate us. (Our original motel - Flamingo, next door - was sold out.) Unfortunately, Capri Village was a big let down.

We had a room near the pool. Admittedly it was one of the less expensive rooms in the place but I didn't feel it was worth the price. The room smelled both of mildew and air freshener - a really bad combination. The bathroom had a tub/shower and toilet. The sink was outside the bathroom in a kitchenette area with a counter, mini-fridge and microwave. I'm admittedly not a fan of sinks separated from a toilet room but to combine it with a kitchen space is really unappealing. Also, the tub wasn't well cleaned.

The beds were firm and the pillows were ok. Blankets were visibly worn. Although the room was a decent size, the beds were only doubles and the a/c was right next to one of them blowing directly on the occupant.

Capri Village has a better view of the lake than the Flamingo but the beach was overcrowded and awkward. During the afternoon we couldn't find a spot to sit in or even play in the lake. In the morning, before anyone was at the beach, all the beach chairs were "claimed" by towels - presumably left there for the day until the owners felt like coming to the lake. My kids had no interest in spending time down there and sadly, neither did I. Unlike the Flamingo, where they had more kayaks than users, at Capri there were only a few. You also had to buy ping pong balls for the 1 or 2 shabby tables on the property. I didn't inquire about paddles.

The pool was large but shallow. It had a posted depth of 5 feet but it wasn't completely filled so it was only about 4 feet deep.

The staff was friendly enough but it didn't seem that needs were being met. I requested additional towels and they never arrived. I overheard another guest complain about an unfulfilled request as well.

Quiet hours begin at 10 pm so it was more relaxing earlier in the evening than at the Flamingo.

Finally and perhaps most disturbing, when I inquired if we could remain on premises after checkout (10 am) I was told we could only stay an extra hour because they have limitations on how many cars are allowed on site. However, check in isn't until 3 pm so what new vehicles were coming in before then? They also mentioned a day pass of some sort for a $50 fee. This made no sense whatsoever - if there are legal limits on how many cars can be onsite, how does charging a fee change that? Perhaps I would have been less irked if we stayed longer but since we couldn't check in until 3 the day before, I felt we were shortchanged on the amenities. It seemed like just a way to get another fee out of me.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family