“NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL”

Capri Village on Lake George
Reviewed 8 September 2017

There is no such thing as customer service at this place. It's a family business and the wife/mother is extremely rude and treats guests with much disrespect. We paid for a Lakeview room and received a room that was not lake view [L2 - 157]. We went to the office to advise that we PAID the extra money to get Lakeview, after much talk she moved our room to an actual Lakeview [L2- 150]. She threw the keys right on the counter. Aside from that, WIFI barely worked throughout the trip. It is false advertising that they have free wifi. Towels were never changed as promised.

My family and I have been coming to Capri Village for over four years. 2017 was special. We were treated poorly and looked down upon. One of the days was pouring rain, so we had called to inquire to get a lake check. We were advised that it will be $50. When I went to the office to pay the late checkout fee, the owner quickly changed her mind and refused and kept on saying to "vacay her property."

There are many polite ways to get your point across and this facility maybe a nice and spacious place however, the rudeness, insensitivity and lack of professionalism has been out of this world this year.

There are many other resorts around that professional. Will definitely not go back to Capri Village. Would never want to be treated like that once more.

Room Tip: Do not book at Capri Village. They are not professional.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I never stayed here, I called to book two three bedroom rooms for labor day weekend. The man on the phone was very nice and gave us a price of $379.62 for the whole weekend, per cabin. I asked him if that was PER night or FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND. He said, Let me check because you have me thinking now... He went double checked and came back and said "No that's the price!! September 1st starts our off season prices and that's why your trip from September 1st - 4th is ONLY $379.62" I said "great, let me check with the people i'm traveling with and I'll call back with our deposit" I called back today and that nice man isn't there today and the owners daughter Angelica, who was NOT nice AT ALL, told me that he gave the wrong price and that its actually 679.00 (not quite sure of the price but it was around there). I explained to her what had happened and that he even double checked the prices for me and now all of a sudden that price isn't good? She was snarky and rude and I asked to speak to the owner. The owner, her parents, weren't in and her father called me back a little while ago to basically say "sorry, nothing I can do about it". So not professional, so not how you should run a business. How is this my problem? They blamed the "new" guy! Well maybe the "new" guy shouldn't answer the phones and speak to people if he doesn't have a clue! Also, was it the new guy or was it that they realized their September "prices" were in the middle of labor day and then CHANGED their prices to "season" prices. I don't know... but never again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with this resort. The 2 bedroom efficiency was spacious and clean. The walk to the beachfront area was short and slightly downhill. We were there for the Hudson Valley Firefighters Convention and Parade and the staff was very accommodating to the large group.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2017

I cannot understand the negative reviews... "seemed to be bothered at the front desk when I came to check in"?? Everyone at Capri is polite and engaging. May it was your approach. Yes, the employees use golf carts to get around but to say hey drive like cartoon characters is ridiculous. My friend has a child in wheelchair which is very heavy and to get up the steep hill, is difficult to say the least. These "cartoon characters" have stopped to help her and her son to push to up the hill. Capri village is like a big family. That is why I now go back each year. The large beach is beautiful and cleaned every morning. Rooms are clean and the pool is perfect too. I am not sure how some of these negative reviews were generated except to say maybe it was the renter that was rude, which I have seen many of! The only negative was the spotty WiFi. It has improved each year though. If I REALLY need to be connected I can go up by the pool area or outside of the office. But who wants to be connected on vacation anyway??

Room Tip: I have only stayed in the cabins or large rooms at the top.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a place to stay and came across Capri Village. Very glad we found it... nice rooms very clean. Easy to find... friendly easy check in and out. Kid friendly vending machines , near lake and close to lake George

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
0.1 km away
Treasure Cove Resort
Treasure Cove Resort
#7 of 9 in Diamond Point

Been to Capri Village on Lake George? Share your experiences!