All reviewsroom was cleanwaffleshot tubstay there againdunkin donutsconvenient locationeasy accessvery nice hotelcookieswe've stayedstayed one nightpleasant stayfresh fruitgreat place to staybob evanslake eriefredonia
Reviewed 24 February 2018

There are not a lot of choices in Dunkirk, but come on! It's 2018 and how freaking hard could it be to upgrade beds. The bed in this hotel was the most terrible bed I've ever laid on. I couldn't sleep. Yes it was hard, but it was also the kind of mattress you would expect in 1960, springs, hard, not even conforming.

Had the floor been clean, I would imagine the floor would have been preferable. Walls were stained, floors, corners dusty and dirty.

Towels...omg. There was a number of HAIRS and dirt in the folded towel! Gross.

I had the room paid for for 2 nights and ended up just leaving and getting an airport hotel so I could get the sleep I needed. Glad I did. This hotel is not a healthy place to breath, sleep, relax, focus.....it will shave days off your life I'm sure. AVOID if at all possible.

Additionally, I see many people's reviews where this was an open hotel during a snow storm....I get that, but I would imagine staying in the car in a parking lot would be more comfortable.

The tip envelope for the maid service was laughable after finding the hairs, btw....

To whoever manages this hotel, you would have a GOLD MINE if you swapped out your beds for something from this decade.

Room Tip: stay in your car, in the lot.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Randomviolinist
Dustin R, General Manager at Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your stay.

We do normally get quite good reviews on our bedding, but everyone has their own personal preferences, so we can understand a complaint here and there. I do see you note what sounds like structural issues with the mattress in particular. I, along with the maintenance staff, are going to make it a point to check all the bedding to ensure it's integrity.
We do apologize and hope we can better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Staff was nice , hotel is not. STAYED IN ROOM 222. Requested 2nd floor for added security but no elevator so had to carry luggage up flight of stairs.Room sort of seedy, not filthy, but not clean either. The faucet had sponge markings on it, not shiny. TV initially did not work, front desk helped so I could manually get it to work using buttons on set but remote did not work. The heater/AC UNIT did not work. Thankfully warm spell in February so temperature in room was just a tad cooler than I would have liked but I was not freezing. In the morning, tepid shower, not cold but not hot enough to make the mirror fog up with the bathroom door closed. Forgot bathing suit so did not use pool/hot tub but it was oddly placed opposite the front door with the breakfast bar with windows between pool and front door so EVERYONE would see you in pool. Express check out the receipt was folded in the card entry “key slot” not under the door so anyone passing by could have taken my receipt with name / address on it. In the morning, son foun hair in his eggs. All around bad experience, however staff was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. Would have given one circle rating but did 2 because staff was nice.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Dustin R, General Manager at Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay.

I'm sorry to see you had a few problems while you were here. I am going to pass along the kind words about the staff. They always appreciate seeing good comments about their hospitality.

I have gone thru the guest room you stayed in; with both the maintenance and housekeeping staff. All of the problems you encountered have been fixed and I will continuously monitor both departments to make sure everything is taken care of in the future.

Thank you for writing specific points in your review. We use this information to help staff and management understand what we are doing right and where we can improve the overall guest experience.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I spend every summer at this hotel when visiting family. Much of the staff have become friends/family. We are treated quite well especially by Raquel. :-) The only one we always have issues with is Cindy as usual this stay was no different. I was home for a funeral in December, checking in late at night after a very long 750 mile drive, with kids and grandkids. Naturally we were tired and already feeling down due to circumstances. It was very cold and snowy outside and the hotel was putting in new flooring in the lobby. There was a narrow walkway for anyone to go through, however, Cindy made us go outside to a side entrance to carry in all our items trying to get over snow banks. I did speak to Dustin the GM and he made things right as usual. I was having a rough time since it was a parent's death so the extra comments about how her parents death was so much worse was not necessary. Again, thank you so much Dustin and Raquel for the assistance given to me and my kids during such a rough time. See you in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Filthy, bugs, mold, plumbing fell off while taking shower....twice. Went to desk and asked for refund, I was told no, that the rooms didn't warrant a refund. Called corporate and they have no power over the individual owners of the hotels. They took report, but ultimately have no persuasion over refunds. So if you want to spend $150 on a filthy bug infested hotel, that the plumbing falls to your feet as you shower...this is the place for you.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dbeat123
Dustin R, General Manager at Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

We are sorry to hear there were multiple issues with your guest room.

We have repaired the shower handle, and let the head of housekeeping know about the other complaints you lodged when you checked out.

Management inspected the guest room you stayed in and there was no evidence of bugs or mold in the room.

Both the hotel and our corporate office did offer discounts for your inconvenience but you were more than insistent on a full refund. If you would like to revisit that option, please contact us directly or inquire at the corporate office.

Please be fair and allow hotels the chance to remedy issues prior to checkout by alerting the staff as soon as there is a problem. We always hope stays are perfect for our guests, but sometimes things are not. Our front desk and housekeeping department are fully trained to assist guests and make things right.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

This hotel is very dated. No elevators, just one steep staircase up to second floor. Staff were very nice and friendly helping us with several requests. We've stayed here several times over the years, and while the lobby got a makeover, the property is still very dated. Breakfast was just okay, and older full size beds (no queens!) weren't very comfortable. Pool area is right when you walk in, you can see it from lobby and breakfast eating area, which is very odd and not private. Set back from main road, yet truck noises were extremely loud in the middle of the night. Right off the NY Turnpike, so fine for a quick overnight on the road Lots of amenities nearby - Applebee's is walking distance, Dunkin Donuts and Tim Horton's next door and a Top's supermarket across the street.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family