“Never Again”

Old Stone Market
Ranked #39 of 72 Restaurants in East Hampton
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Horrendous service. An older woman behind the counter was rude to us for no reason, and when we commented on her rudeness being unnecessary since all we did was ask a simple question, she snapped 'Maybe you would be happier taking your business elsewhere'. She then loudly said something very inappropriate to her coworker that TripAdvisor will not let me repeat here.

The food was horrible - way too greasy and overloaded with butter.

The next time I am in East Hampton, I will go out of my way to avoid this place.

2  Thank newyorknewyork24

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Love the take out & Greek specialties. Easy spot for lunch & dinner take out. The spinach pie & spanicopita are great

1  Thank 1224connie
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This place is really a deli rather than a restaurant, though there are tables outside in a little garden or you can take the food to the beach or eat in your car while looking out on Gardiners Bay or the ocean. The Market is located in the little known but beautiful part of East Hampton called Springs. We live there, and I can truthfully say that we are in The Old Stone Market most every day when we are here. The owner is of Greek decent and makes some good Greek influenced dishes, such as spanakopita ('scuse my spelling--spinach pies) and sea bass. But you never know what will be on the menu from day to day, as she likes to cook different things. There are also some south of the border dishes such as delicious empanadas, which go quickly. There is also tasty turkey meatloaf. You can get full meals with nicely done sides. Sometimes service is slow, if you get there at mealtime and there is a line, so be patient as it's worth it or just come off meal hours. They are open for lunch and dinner till about 8:30 I believe, and also feature breakfast all day. By the way the desserts are great too, and if you need a baguette, this is the place to get a good one.

1  Thank TlonNY
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Overly pretentious, poor service, disappointing food. Enough said.

2  Thank Banjoman2007