“ALWAYS GOOD”
Review of Fresno

Fresno
Reserve with OpenTable
Fresno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 71 Restaurants in East Hampton
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: We are located two blocks west of East Hampton Train Station.
Description: East Hampton's Fresno is unlike any other Hamptons restaurant mainstay. Think European sensibilities: more Provence than New York, more old world than traditional, more food, and more wine. The atmosphere is relaxed, neighborhood vibe. All are welcome to feel like they're somewhere else for just a few hours...
Reviewed 15 January 2017

Fresno has been one of our long standby restaurants - open all year and always serving fresh and inventive and enticing food. Service is always good, drinks well poured and a very interesting wine list with good choices in all dollar ranges.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Been going to Fresno for close to 15 years year-round. Michael Nolan does an admirable job meeting and exceeding diner expectations, which is sometimes a challenge when doing business in a Summer colony.

The space is charming and bustling, the bar is long and wide - perfect for enjoying a drink w John the bartender or even dining at the bar (very popular). In the Summer the dining space doubles when the outdoor patio space is open.

Part of how I judge a resto is their service year-round. The folks at Fresno take great care to please any time of the year.

On the rare occasion I've seen diners act-out and observed the Fresno staff work to address. It's really tough to manage at times but I do think that Fresno does it's very best.

Menu is uniformly solid. I do wish that they would update the menu more often however I tend to default to the seasonal specials. I have seen a few review comments regarding flavors being salty; I must admit that I've run across this on a few occasions (last night the onion rings on the steak were salty). I've raised w the wait staff and I expect the kitchen will adjust. They appreciate the feedback.

Soups are excellent and generally Vegan - the white bean, black bean and gazpacho are all superb. The roast chicken is excellent and I adore the hearty pasta w meatballs because the kitchen fills the plate w small, tasty perfectly prepared meatballs. Steak and Fish specials are awesome - Fresno serves local fish whenever available.

The prices are very fair and the wine selection is solid and interesting.

At its heart, Fresno is a local village resto that is open year 'round, attracting locals and weekend visitors. Business is thriving, as evidenced by the buzz in the dining room. Fresco is not a Hamptons Scene Joint - it generates its own rhythm and is a great resto to visit either once/twice a year - or more often.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

We had a Friday night dinner. The place was very busy, but we had a reservation. We were seated right away and enjoyed a drink as we decided on dinner. I chose bay scallops. They were the best I'd ever had. So sweet and mixed with the perfect greens. My husband had black bass and enjoyed it as well. We would definitely return. Restaurant was small which means the food is prepared just for you! Seemed like a happening place on a Friday night.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We had a great meal! Apps included butternut squash & brussel sprout salad with toasted pine nuts. We also had green hummus & marinated olives. For the main dishes we had •Cod w/ maitake, enoki & shiitake mushrooms, bok choy, and rice noodles, & •Pappardelle noodles with a rabbitt ragout. Spectacular! I had a bloody Mary, and we had some hot tea(s) with dinner. Quiet, good service, very comfortable setting, and a chill in the air made it a great night at Fresno.

Full disclosure - we randomly found this place on a Saturday night in October. Perhaps, during the summer, you could have a completely different experience (I say that because of "Chelsea's" Fres-no-way review). Anyway.....try it.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I would avoid Fresno at all costs. The management and staff, including owner Michael Nolan, are dismissive and unwelcoming. They do not respond to repeated requests for reservations by email or by phone. In person, their demeanor is nothing short of aggressive. No way would I ever try this restaurant again.

3  Thank Chelsea S