“good food, good value”
Review of Hunan Dynasty

Hunan Dynasty
Ranked #18 of 104 Restaurants in East Meadow
Reviewed 10 March 2017

We have eaten here several times. The food is good. The service is good. We have had the specials and there is more than enough food. We have also ordered separate dishes and shared them and had more than enough.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We were visiting some friends in East Meadow. The temperature outside was 22 degrees. But, we wanted something light and decided to brave the cold.

Our friends suggested their favorite Asian rim restaurant, the Hunan Dynasty.

There is nothing fancy about this strip mall restaurant. The waiters were casual and laid back.

A hot pot of tea was served as soon as we sat down at the table.

We decided to order just appetizers and soup.

I had a very tasty chicken noodle soup ($2); my wife an excellent miso soup ($2).

She ordered scallion pancakes ($6) and Crystal Shrimp Dumplings (actually shrimp dim sum) at $5.95. The portions were large enough that we were able to share among ourselves and with our two friends.

I also had a very nice green salad ($4.25.) I felt that the salad was quite good. But, I've had better ginger dressings.

Overall, though, this was an excellent dining experience that was certainly "on the cheap."

Even the Hunan Dynasty's entrees are very inexpensively priced.

So, if you want great food on a budget...or just great Chinese and Japanese food...Hunan Dynasty is your go to place.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

This is where local Asians go for excellent Asian food. That in itself is the best recommendation.
The menu is extensive and well prepared. The service is attentive. The prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

I must start this by noting that this restaurant was in a locale several miles from my home and several years ago once we tried it we were HOOKED!! Much to my pleasure the owners moved their operation to a small strip mall a
Stones throw from my home. I would never mind the longer drive because we were tastefully rewarded. Old fashioned recognizable items
From appetizers to entrees to
sides are all there ! The won ton soup is excellent but was recently eclipsed by their house special for two. A
HUGE bowl of steaming broth similar to egg drop in texture is brimming with shrimp
Pork chicken and veggies this soup is devoid of any noodle or dumpling soI. Rush up their absolutely perfect crisp noodles into my bowl of deliciousness. They have all types of appetizers and since they serve food also with a Japanese
Flair we get gyosa
A
Wonderful pan fried
Mini dumpling. can t stop once you start. They have all the standard fare tho nothing is standard. When they say Kumbo
Shrimp
They ARE!!
Also
We
Sometimes
Tell
The waiter what we d
Like for ingredients and they just put it together. They are extremely thoughtful and inventive. ALSO my daughter is gluten free and we spoke to the owner. He advised what items he can make for her and they give her gluten free soy sauce and fruit for dessert. Their combination platters run the gamut with an upgrade that includes an appetizer in addition - and those entrees are a bit of an upgrade. However even that which is a staple like an egg foo young or chow menu is treated to their culinary mastery.
They have a bar and my wine is instantly served. We have been going there for years!!
We wish them a
Long and successful stint near us since we don't go anywhere else !!
PS their sushi my husband says is really good and for me a
Newbie we have something called tuna tataki a seated tuna with Center raw and beautiful. Treat yourself to a great Chinese dinner. Your fortune cookie will read -
A great meal was had by all!!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Dinner with husband out rather than taking home chinese food. Service was very good. Replenished tea multiple times and most importantly did not rush you through your meal.