“Local staple now nothing more than a dive bar”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Changing Times Ale House
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Over the years I have watched in disbelief as this once "neighborhood staple" has declined into a "dive bar". Due to peer pressure we have meet friends here in recent weeks. Food is always decent, no complaints there and once you address what needs to be fixed, the mixed drinks are always good on the second try by the bartenders. I can get past all of that. But what I can't get past is the rude and ignorant manager on duty, John. The word accommodating does not exist in his vocabulary. The past two times we have been in he has refused to combine tables to accommodate us. Those tables were not being used and were not reserved. The third time we called ahead and made a reservation, three days in advance. We were shoved in the front by the bar at 3 small tables. All the walk ins were placed in the back at the larger tables. Who goes out to eat with friends and what to sit at different tables? Whenever you ask for something, ie: menu, water you get a stare and a look of annoyance. Boys if you want to keep your doors open, start looking at your numbers and compare to a time before John. You just might need a management change.

2  Thank Anne P

Reviewed 25 October 2015

I visited with a friend on a Wedenesday evening. We were seated promptly by our waitress who took our drink order immediately. She also pointed out their Octoberfest menu. We shared the pretzels sticks on the Octoberfest menu which were 4 large sticks with a yummy cheesy dipping sauce (we had to take some home). We each had a regular burger with cheese. Both were cooked like we had requested and arrived promptly after the pretzel. Our server was polite and helpful and the food was good. Will definitely return!

Reviewed 5 September 2015

Changing Times has excellent food suited for a sports bar themed restaurant. They have the best chicken wings and they are a favorite for my grandsons who love them. If there is a special occasion to celebrate and you ask them where they want to eat they always want "Changing Times" for the wings. It is very noisy as it is a sports bar and caters to a certain kind of clientele. There is a bar which is always packed if there is a game going on and tables to sit down. The TV screens are all about so no matter where you are in the restaurant or at the bar you can watch sports. It is decorated in all sports memorabilia and the wait staff do a great job even tho the place is noisy and usually crowded.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

Sports bar with great food. Family friendly but not so the later it gets at night (like Friday or during football games on Sunday. Best wings ever and some really good specials. Been here at least 20 times. Terrific go to spot!

Reviewed 14 August 2015

The chef here (Tommy) is incredible. It does not matter what he has on the menu or what you order I have never had a bad meal their. I frequent this establishment with the with and kids or by myself weekly. I always see familair and freindly faces. Selection on both the menu and beer are bountiful. I love it.

1  Thank David821966