“We drove from Plattsburgh NY where we have lived for 40 plus years to go to a poorly ran Restaurant.”

Old Dock House & Marina
Ranked #6 of 6 Restaurants in Essex
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were highly recommended to go visit The Old Dock Restaurant and enjoy the view and food. We were greeted at the door she brought us to our table and from there it was devastating as 4 waitresses walked by us looking as they past us we were there for 20 minutes not one of the waitress even asked us for a beverage then after the 20 minute wait four customers walked in got seated there order was taken immediately while we were looked at but ignored . I looked at my husband and said lets go. I will never ever go back. The view is beautiful but I suggest pack a picnic and enjoy the view at the near by park on the water. The service was poor the food was pricey and u have to be a camel to get a drink.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

The inexperienced and immature greeter on 8\10\18 @ 6:00 pm and younger waiter staff need better training,organizational skills,and most importantly respectfull facial expression manners!
Upon arrival at the greeter podium we were informed there were no outside seating on the lake at the moment and there would be a 20 minute wait and that we could leave our name and have a drink at the bar area which we did.
We were then seated after a 10-15 minute wait to an outside table.
After watching three other tables orders taken who were seated after us i asked a waitress serving the table next to us walking by if we could place an order as 30 minutes had passed and she said she would send someone, instead of just taking our order.
A few minutes passed and we were approached by another young waitress who informed us that we were sitting at a resereved table and couldn't eat there.
I tried to explain that we were seated by the greeter at the podium but she seemed to be aggitated and imply we were lying.so she walked away and an older women i assume was the manager approached us and i explained the situation to her. She said there was a mix up and that she would send someone right over which didn't happen right away as she said as she went back to the register and just stood there as we were walking out , We had waited and seen enough and left this disorganized, unprofessional establishment thus a CAPITAL P for POOR RATING ! Too bad , we had driven an hour to try them.

1  Thank Robert P
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The Old Dock added tip onto the bill for a family of 5 adults and two children without us knowing it. We unknowingly added our tip for a grand tip total of $22 on a $46 bill! They were happy to accept this until it was caught by one of our family members. Sad news for a local business under new management!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The setting is amazing, but it ends there. Waited 40 minutes to get our dinner ordered and finally went to the bartender who was suppose to be taking care of our section. She was casually talking to one of the other workers. She made a drink wrong, what bartender doesn’t know what a sea breeze is? I had placed our order at the bar. It came out extremely fast and everything was undercooked from the french fries (still cold in the middle) to the flatbread pizza (doughy). Thickest flatbread crust we’ve ever. We had to eat a real meal when we got back to Burlington.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I stopped in with a friend for a late lunch last Saturday after hiking nearby. At first we were warned of a 20-30 minute wait, so we took our chances and had a beer at the bar. The actual wait was not that long, and the service was prompt. But the food was mediocre. I ordered lobster poutine, which had only a trace of lobster. My friend’s burger was “ok”. The meals were pricey for what we got. On the other hand, the location is lovely, with great view of Lake Champlain and the Green Mountains.

Date of visit: July 2018