“Good choice for Tapas and some drinks”

Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro
Ranked #25 of 135 Restaurants in Farmingdale
Reviewed 28 July 2016

I took my mother out last night for a quiet meal. Our family is somewhat international and we travel alot and lived around the world, so we like and know good food and good wine. We got the groupon for the wine flight and a tapas dish. We got a selection of 4 wines (i didn't realize that meant just four glasses as opposed to 8 so we could each taste but thats fine). The server was very nice and attentive and the food was good. our favorite was the short rib ravioli plate and the chicken meat ball with blue cheese (spicy). We ordered extra lobster rolls to take home. I would love to go again to try the brunch. Nice place for a date or with a group of friends to share plates.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Food is great, decor beautiful, service left something to be desired. Server was very nice but would forget things we asked for and we had to keep reminding her . However due to the great food and ambience, I will give it another try.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

We went for an early dinner so the place was empty. The server Angel, was very helpful and personable. Since it was our first time here she made some suggestions which turned out to be excellent! The Asiago cheese balls were good-sauce a little spicy but not too much ( I don't like spice). We absolutely loved the lamb and beef sliders, and you have to try the Italian spring roll! (sausage, broccoli rabe, and cheese) My tastebuds were doing backflips even though I'm not a fan of broccoli rabe! If you like different and tapas you need to check it out. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I came here with some friends on a Saturday evening. It is located close to the Farmingdale train station, and for the life of me can't remember the establishment it was before this, since it seems rather new. Regardless, it sits across from Croxley's Ale House, so if you're looking to bar hop a bit, this would definitely be a place you wouldn't want to skip.

One thing to keep in mind: if you come here on a weekend, make a reservation! We were silly in thinking that we would find seating when our group arrived, but one man there (possibly the owner?) said he was going to try to get us some seating. Meanwhile, we waited at the bar for the table to open up. When I looked around, it looked like it was a great place for people to gather in groups. The volume of the restaurant can get a little high, but not SO loud that you can't hear yourself think, and we didn't ask each other "huh?!?" constantly. At the bar, I had a pomegranate martini which was perfect.

When we were seated, every staff member we came into contact with was friendly, from the runners to the waitresses to the bartenders. We did lose contact with our waitress at one point during the night, but another waitress was happy to take an order we added on. The menu is fairly priced, perhaps a bit higher than I'd like to pay, but for the most part, the quality of the ingredients seem to make up for it.

The beauty of this restaurant is the fact that it serves tapas. If you come with a group or even with a friend, being able to share your food makes it a great way to sample all their delicious menu items. Our group ordered a LOT, so we were fortunate for the ability to try a lot of different things. We were able to order two pizzas: the Margherita pizza and the pesto pizza. The Margherita pizza was okay, but my whole group noted that there was absolutely no basil on it! The pesto pizza was good, as well. We ordered all of the bruschettes except the shrimp. Our favorite was the goat cheese walnut bruschette, and the goat cheese was so creamy and delicious, perfectly paired with the honey drizzle and walnuts. The short rib raviolis were okay, but a little more seasoning would have gone a long way. Parmesan fries was heavy on the parmesan! It seemed as though there were a lot of choices - the vegetarian in our group seemed content with what was available to her.

Of course this place boasts being a wine bar and bistro, and I'm regretful in saying that we didn't get to fully evaluate that claim (wine makes me sleepy!) but we did try two of the wines. We tried a Prosecco that was good, and their Moscato was great. Of course those are only whites, so I'd suggest you come and try out their large wine selection. For you beer lovers - don't fret! There is a decent selection of beer as well to satisfy anyone that doesn't care for wine. Other than the pomegranate martini, I also tried their cocktail "Wrapped in Rubies" which tasted great too.

Last but not least was the dessert. I'm sorry to say that the NY cheesecake is nothing to write home about, it tasted like something out of a grocery store. We tried the chocolate chip cookie sliders, and the hazelnut ice cream (was it gelato? I am unsure) was delicious...I didn't even need the cookie!

If you want to try something new and enjoy tapas, I'd say this is your place. I had a fine time here and actually ended up spending much more time here than I anticipated - I hope the staff didn't mind!

1  Thank Rita B