“An Italian Eatery with good, not great food.”

Vespa Italian Kitchen & Bar
Reserve a table
Fri, 30/07
20:00
Ranked #7 of 140 Restaurants in Farmingdale
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Vespa is a very noisy place. Large tables filled with large groups having a good time. The food is good, not great. I think the appetizers could be better. Was disappointed with grilled octopus, liked the baked clams, but was very unhappy with fried calamari….it was all rings, heavily breaded and overcooked. My pasta dish of pappardelle noodles and Sunday ragu was tasty but I have had better. My husbands swordfish was cooked too much…kind of dry. Now, talking about our server…Taylor….she was fantastic…did not have to write anything down, got everything right and was right there to get us anything we needed. She is a prize they are lucky to have working there. The parking was horrible….street parking was not to be had and large lots behind stores were full also. Took us awhile to find a space.
If you know Italian food like I do you realize that this is fast food Italian…not like grandma made but certainly adequate for the people that are not as lucky to have grown up in a large Italian family with great food.

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (87)

Reviewed 13 May 2021

Totally ruined Mothers Day and my daughter in laws Birthday. Parking was HORRIBLE, Service was HORRIBLE, Got there 3:30 and did not get served dinner until 6:00. Food was like eating a box of salt. Getting bread was a problem and asking for butter was like asking for gold. NEVER NERVER will go back there and I advise people to stay away. NO respect for their customers.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 14 February 2021

We came for a couple's Valentine's lunch. Excellent service, great food. We dressed up for the occasion seeing that they take reservations, much to our delight, we realized one can dine here in casual comfort and enjoy a great meal. Everything was freshly prepared, the staff were very friendly. The restaurant was very clean. Pasta dishes were a bit pricy for well, let's be honest...pasta which does not cost much for them to prepare. We had cauliflower pizza for appetizer, very flavorful. Entrees were Ragu de Manzo and Peppardelle Bolognese. Both dishes were excellent. Dessert was a cannoli and rainbow cookie cheesecake that can with a small scoop of gelato. The cheesecake was excellent and the plate was decorated with a chocolate syrup shaped heart for the occasion. The cost of $12n for the size of this dessert was overpriced. I did not care for the gelato but again, it was freshly prepared. The desserts were plated beautifully. I would definitely recommend dinning here. You will leave satisfied. Plenty of parking in the lot in the back of the building.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 3 August 2020

The food at Vespa never disappoints, try the rockets salad and the cauliflower pizza.
Drinks are great, and the service and atmosphere is great.

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

For appetizers we had fried calamari and meatballs both were excellent. Three of our party had the chicken special it was outstanding. Servers were very friendly and efficient. The only minus is that they don't take reservations 4 or less people. My wife and I are looking forward to visiting again very soon.

Date of visit: January 2020