“Dinner”

Sakura
Ranked #72 of 132 Restaurants in Farmingdale
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

Excellent sushi, hibachi looks like fun.
My girl and I had a great dinner, service was spot on!
Green Spicy Curry with duck was yummy!
Will be back

Reviewed 29 January 2016

Food is usually good, service is quick and UNpersonal. Price is fair but can run up with everything a la carte. Wine is poor, sake, beer and Kimberly martinis very good. If u go with a group a fun night might be the hibachi table with first rate hot servings, and fun chef. Would be higher rated but place needs a makeover with better lighting and either friendlier service or a more laid back dining experience instead of a fast food out the door dining option

Reviewed 14 January 2016

My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Sakura. I had a Groupon and wanted to try Japanese food. It was terrific! Try the shrimp appetizer it was very fresh and delicious. The service was great too.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Let me preface this review that I purchased a local Groupon during a promotion and bought multiple vouchers for various restaurants. This place had pretty good reviews so we went last weekend. It has taken me a full week to process our experience so I would be fair. The place is big with a few hibachi tables in the front but we opted to sit at a table near the sushi bar. My husband went to inspect the sushi (which we eat frequently) and didn't like the way it looked; therefore, we ordered 2 hibachi dinners. The salad and soup was fine. He ordered chicken and steak which he said was good but the meat was doused with some sort of soy sauce. The plate had very few veggies but a giant portion of noodles. We both ordered fried rice on the side but way too much carbs with rice and noodles served with dinner. My hibachi shrimp dinner was tasty but again shrimp was in that brown sauce which isn't how it's served at the hibachi tables. Small portion of veggies on my plate too with more than half a plate of noodles. If you like a lot of food you probably would like these selections but rest assured that I would rather cook than visit this place again!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Very nice atmosphere. A little on the dark side. Quiet when we were there, which was nice. Food was very good. The Miso soup was a little bland, but the spicy crab rolls were excellent.