Free cancellation until 25/07
EconoLodge
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$149
Hotels.com
All reviewshot showerfree continental breakfastwafflesvery nice hotelroom was largetravelodgepropertyfingerlakes
Reviewed 28 June 2017

My husband and I went here to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We were going to see the sites in the area. We stayed 2 nights. The check-in was uneventful, the receptionist was pleasant, nice lobby. We got to the room (nonsmoking, king size bed) to the naked eye the room looked clean, It was small but good enough for our needs. The views are beautiful, was not noisy at all, even though they had a band playing at the restaurant that evening. So let’s start at the bathroom, upon closer inspection there were debris under the sink in the corner like it was just pushed there instead of being cleaned up, pubic hair in the shower soap holder, towel had dirt/dust band on it and they were very thin and small. The shower knobs are so old and caked with gunk that when you turn the water on gunk falls out and the floor of the shower gets all gritty. The shower head is so caked with gunk that water can only come out of about 8 of the holes. The bed had a sheet right on the mattress, no mattress pad and the sheet was so thin that I bought a can of Lysol and sprayed the whole thing down. The pillows have seen better days, are very thin and again pillow cases right on the pillows, no covers. (they got Lysoled too) the furniture is old and warped, the room was dusty, the floor looked vacuumed but not in the corners. Only 1 thin blanket and sheet, the bed spread was only folded at the end of the bed when we arrived and looked dingy. We did not use it. The balcony had an old used fork laying on it.
I was told upon check in that if we wanted to order room service from the onsite restaurant to do it before 10:00pm. We made sure we were back at our room at 9:40pm and tried to order with the phone number the receptionist gave us at check in but got a voicemail, we tried several times. We called the front desk to let them know we wanted to order room service but were getting voicemail she said “its 9:50 and I tell people to order before 10:00pm”. I said we have been trying to order for 10 minutes and made sure we were back early enough. She then said she will try to get ahold of someone, and were we going to come down to pick the food up. I said No! We wanted room service. The receptionist said she will call us right back after she tries to get someone at the restaurant. She never called back, we did not eat that night and went to sleep. The next morning, we went down for breakfast. You can make waffles, there are little pastries and orange juice. I tried to make toast but the toaster didn’t work so after 4 tries my toast was just barley toasted. I then went to ask the receptionist if she could have someone fix the shower head since the water sprays out of only a few holes due to the buildup of gunk. She said no one was there now but she will “see what she can do”. We were out until about 1:00pm then came back to the room to rest. It had not been cleaned yet. About 2:00 housekeeping knocked on the door. I told her we would be gone in about an hour and to please come back. We went out about 2:45 and were gone until after 10:00pm. When we got back to the room, very tired, Yup! you guessed it. NOT CLEANED!! No clean towels, Shower head had not been touched. I called the front desk and the gentleman was very nice and apologetic. He offered to bring us clean towels or change us to a clean room. Not wanting to move everything so late we opted just for clean towels.
So, to summarize. Even though the room was not too expensive, it is not worth the money. I could have gotten a much more updated and cleaner room at the Budget Inn down the street. I would have asked for a full or partial refund due to all the issues we had, had it not been our 25th anniversary weekend and not wanting to get myself upset. The staff is nice though. Even though it seemed the pregnant receptionist was nice to our faces but couldn’t care less about our requests or complaints, as nothing got done. This hotel has the potential to be amazing if the new owners would care to hire professionals. People who care about the guests and doing a good job (the gentleman at the front desk that brought us towels had great customer service, they need more people like him). It needs updating badly, It needs a really good cleaning staff and good customer service reps that will actually do something when a customer complains, and/or a good manager to oversee all of this if the owner is not on the premises. I have read the other reviews and responses from the owner, to give them another chance as they are updating and making changes and I possibly would, if the changes actually GET DONE!! and it is not just lip service from the owner. Like I said there was some positive but a lot of negative and I didn’t see any updating or construction going on. So there you have it, you be the judge.

Room Tip: Beautiful Views all around, Don't take room 612 if you want a good shower(see review)
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank reyandcindy
Finger Lakes H, General Manager at Finger Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

We are sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience. We take your feedback seriously and hope you'll give us another chance.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

There were many reasons for my one star rating of this hotel. We stayed two nights and no one came to clean our room or make our bed during our stay. There was no stopper in the bathtub so we had to drive down the hill to the office to get one late at night. The room was too dark. There was a missing light fixture over the desk. The towels were stiff and thin and not replaced during our stay. There were no accessories in the room such as a pen, paper, laundry bag, information cards or booklets (as for tv, phone, or anything else). It didn't show on the phone how to get the front desk. There was only one blanket on the bed, no spares. There was debris in a drawer. We weren't told which internet access to use when we checked in. There was no handicap accessibility to any of the rooms, only outside stairs with no elevator. There was no safety bar in the tub. There were insufficient cups for water. The tv had different volumes for each channel. The ice machine was broken. However, when I presented my complaints on check out, I was given a $35 credit (which didn't show up on my credit card until I made a couple of phone calls).

Room Tip: No room is handicap accessible.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Gail T W
Finger Lakes H, General Manager at Finger Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Thank you for the feedback; it will help us improve for the future. We hope you'll give us another chance.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

The property is very nice, great views. Room was OK, large but 1/2 empty. Small table with a chair or two would have been nice. The room was nice and clean. This hotel has 7 buildings with rooms, the end units do not have balconies which was disappointing. The bed was very comfortable. It has a out door pool which was still closed, to cold. restaurant which we did not try and a continental breakfast which we did not take advantage of. Price wise I thought was a little high at 150.00 a night. For a one or two night stay it was OK.

Room Tip: end units do not have balconies
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irene S
Finger Lakes H, General Manager at Finger Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Hello,
Thank You for visiting us at The Finger Lakes Hotel, please don't hesitate to visit us again as we are still in the process of updating our Hotel. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Alecia

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This is a unique hotel set on top of a hill overlooking a valley. Very nice news. This hotel is fine for a one night stay. We found our room to be clean, quiet and the bed comfortable. The negatives are, tiny, cramped bathroom. The room was very large but only half of the room was furnished. Our bed, dresser. Mini refrigerator and tv stand were located in one half of the room and the other half had nothing in it. A desk, and small table with two chairs would have added appeal. It was just odd the owners don't located the bed in the center of the room. Also there is a cathedral ceiling, which was neat, but since we were on the end there were two windows up on the eaves. One windows was blocked, the other not and there was an exterior spot light which shone into our room and then the morning light. If you need complete darkness to sleep, forget about this room. Ask for a center unit room, which most have balconies, our end unit did not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony to really take in the views.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

We're sorry that you had a less than stellar experience with us. We'd like a chance to make things right so please try us again!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

After driving all day from New York City, we needed a place to stay. Looking online we saw this place which seemed reasonable ($115). Somewhere it indicated it was a Wyndham property which I thought would be a safe bet. The hotel is up a drive and situated on a beautiful piece of property. The hotel used to be a Travel Lodge. It apparently was built in a Japanese style when built. When we checked in there was a large and loud party (with band or DJ) going on. We asked for a quiet room and the desk attendant said it would be quiet. The property has several buildings of room. You can drive close to your building. When we got the room, we could hear the music bass through the closed windows. The music stopped promptly at 10:00 PM so it wasn't too much of a problem. There is a bar on the property which we did not take advantage of. The room was ok -- it seems rather dated with bedding, furniture and other items worn and not particularly in any decorative style. There was a coffee maker, refrigerator, safe and coffee maker. The coffee maker did say Wyndham on it so I guess it is or was at one point a Wyndham. The room was large with two beds. There wasn't really much information about the hotel or area in the room which would have been nice. We called the front desk in the morning to see if there was a continental breakfast and they said yes and it was located in a room near the check-in. I have to say it was odd. The room is a tiny room (certainly not big enough for the property) with tables and seating for 8. There was a make your own waffle machine, some cereal, fruit, cereal, muffins. We asked about orange juice and were brought two small cartons of juice. The coffee was located out in the lobby. The room wasn't especially clean and the food was it seemed haphazardly placed. There was a large white board in the room with items that the hotel staff was working on. It felt like we were in some small dingy staff work room. We were the only ones in there. The front desk staff in the morning wasn't too enthusiastic about customer service. This property has the potential to be something great and I hope that we were there in transition process -- but more definitely needs to be done to the property.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback! We hope you'll give us another try to make your next visit a fantastic one.