The Palms Hotel Fire Island(Ocean Beach)(Great Value!)
US$480
US$152
US$85
US$189
US$161
All reviewsplace to stayshort walkbedroom oceanfrontbeach househave a good timeeasy walkprivate balconypetrasummerferryislandricknycprivacymomentsnorm
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I think this is the best place to stay if you're a "traditional" traveler that is looking for a "hotel". Fire island @ Cherry Grove is unlike any place that I've been to so far. There are no cars.
Soak that in. It's true. There are incredible fleeting moments at night when you will hear absolutely nothing..... the waves will crash all at once and for a split moment (several times) you will hear pure absolute silence. Makes me wanna go back already.

Location, location, location. Nothing is cheap on Fire Island. But this location is ICONIC. BeachFRONT (depending on your room choice), short walk to ferry and "town".
Pets allowed ♥

Room Tip: Choose your ROOM wisely, the views and sizes vary dramatically.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OptimisticNYC
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

1.5 hours from NYC. You won't find a faster ticket to heaven....... magical ... lucky if you can get in ........ we have been coming to DP for over 10 years ... thank you Petra and Rick for an amazing experience every single time we visit ........

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We just love Dune Point! So tranquil and beautiful. This year, we got the two bedroom ocean front on the second floor of the main building and it was simply amazing; spacious, with all we needed for our weeklong stay. Waking up in the morning and throwing open the glass doors to our private balcony, the entire Atlantic at our doorstep, absolutely breath-taking! Staff is super - sweet and unobtrusive, yet very efficient. It makes me a bit sad that the space is really showing some wear. This, however, is to be expected and is the norm for Fire Island. Almost makes me want to start doing some redecorating for them! This place just feels like home (please, Dear Team, take good care of it).

It's important to know the vibe here in Cherry Grove; gay and uber chill. Wonderful beaches and poolside drag during the day, with the shows continuing into the evening. It's absolutely perfect for our family!

And this is why we keep on coming back year after year. Leaving our worries on the mainland, stepping off the ferry with a sigh of relief, unburdened and ready to enjoy!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2017

We were in room #1. Very nice, but bed was too soft and plumbing is weird. The sink did not drain well and the toilet makes noises at random. The shower was nice. It would be helpful if they had an ice machine. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2016

I love this place. Have stayed there three times in the past year and keep going back for more. It's a simple but perfectly hosted accommodations with friendly wonderful staff always available, flexible and eager to please. Easy beach access and quiet surroundings. Not a party place, which is perfect for me, since there's plenty of partying in NYC and therefore not what I seek when I leave it. Someone mentioned the need for window screens and I would back that. as it would definitely be a great improvement. Last time we were there it was breezy and lovely outside but we were forced to use the AC at night due to the seasonal mosquitoes.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are recently remodeled. Don't take one that hasn't yet been.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple