All reviews granola bars maintained property flat screen tv walmart amanda redline kitchenette hyatt diner
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I'm a Marriott rewards member and always book through them even though they are more expensive. They are all booked due to a Family weekend for my daughter's college so we ended up here. My kid's first time, too so they asked what are the reviews and I said 3 star. When we got in the room, my son said it's better than Courtyard. Until he used the wifi and the bathroom. The free wifi here was from 10 years ago. It was less than 1mbps. Most free wifis are about 3mbps. So beware if you like to use devices at night. It will be super slow. Water pressure is also 10 years ago - almost no pressure. Other than that, overworked staff are super friendly. The renovations are done very well. Room was clean.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Westage Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased you liked some of the aspects of our hotel and had a comfortable stay with us. With that said, we are sorry we missed meeting some of your expectations and have taken a note of your concerns. We hope the positive aspects of your visit will encourage you to choose us again in the future.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 24 September 2017

So needed a fairly last minute (booked a couple days in advance) room near Poughkeepsie for the night. Looked online and most of the places in town were booked. The Courtyard Marriott wanted almost $400 with tax which seemed way out of line for the location and and property. Looked a bit further away at Fishkill (about 20 min drive) and found the Extended Stay America for $160/night all inclusive. Much better! Please note there are two of these properties that are within 1/4 mile of one another so be sure to show up at the correct site (we did not and had to reload the luggage and get back in the car). To my eye the properties are essentially the same.

The hotel was clean and basic. Be careful when booking to be sure you reserve a NO SMOKING room if you are not a smoker. While at the desk a family that had checked in just a few minutes prior came down and complained they were in a smoking room and that it was pretty awful. Unfortunately they unintentionally booked a smoking room and there was no room for them to switch too. On Expedia it is a bit subtle but the rooms are definitely labeled smoking and non-smoking. I also almost booked a smoker by accident when I first selected a room but quickly changed my choice when I noticed the error.

Our room was basic and small but clean. Two full size beds, kitchenette with full size fridge, moderate size flat screen TV with the standard stations, and clean but barebones bathroom. Free wifi with offer to upgrade to 2.5x speed for a nominal fee ($5/night I think) I passed on the upgrade and was able to stream from my iPad with some drop in resolution but otherwise acceptable. The bed was pretty hard, the pillows firm synthetic but passable. Not the most comfortable bed and I will say I did not sleep that great as a result. Like most lower end properties of this type the deodorizer these places use hits you in the face immediately upon entering the room and takes a bit of time to get used to.

"Breakfast" in the morning consists of 2 coffee thermoses across from the front desk with relatively decent brew (light and dark roast), a basket of granola bars, and several pre-packaged muffins. No fear, The Cracker Barrel is just 3 minutes away if you want to go for a nostalgic breakfast. We had not eaten at one in 20 years so went and had a fun meal although will probably wait another 20 years before we return again.

So in summary:
1 star star for clean and functional room
1 star for price and location
1 star for reasonably maintained property

minus 1 star for the bed
minus 1 star as this is a basic low end property and how do you give such a property the same rating you might give the Ritz Carlton.

Total 3 stars (a generous rating).

In conclusion, for a short stay (no pun intended on the Extended Stay of America name) this place was more than serviceable and at the price really can not be beaten. If I had the choice of a similar level property such as the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn (both in Poughkeepsie) at similar price I would probably try one one them next time before returning here although, to be honest, I do not know if they would end up being any better. If you need the kitchenette then this is the place for you. There was a Hyatt property next door to the Extended Stay but I never priced it out as they were booked. Still not sure I am willing to get in the over $200/night range for this area. If you are, the Hyatt looked like the nicest property in the area.

Room tip: Be sure to pick smoking or non-smoking. If you are not a smoker and pick a smoking room you will be very unhappy.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest. We are happy to know you liked our clean environment and had a good time here. With that said, we’re sorry for the inconvenience you had here. Your feedback is of utmost value, and we will use it as a training tool to improve our performance moving forward. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to your return visit soon.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Out Standing. Great people love the hospitality great service. I would recommend this motel to all my friends for outstanding service. Great location due to my working here at west point for 1 - year, I am looking forward in spending the rest of my stay with you and the fabulous people here. this is a fantastic motel for my needs. Thank you.

Room tip: I'm on first floor love it
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Westage Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and recommending us. You put a smile on a lot of faces around here with your kind words about our outstanding service and location. I will surely share your compliments with my entire team. We can’t wait to welcome you back soon at Extended Stay America.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I've been here at the Extended Stay Of America Hotel in Fishkill Westage Center, and I've had the help of Employee SHAZABEE :) !! She has helped me to try and obtain an apartment. I WAS DISPLACED AFTER A CAR RAN INTO RESIDENCE I LIVED AT ON 28TH JUNE 2017. THIS YOUNG LADY MAKES SURE THAT I GET MY MAIL, AND THAT MY ROOM BILL WAS CORRECT! ! She saved this Disabled Veteran $65.00 :) !!
SHAZABEE is "A" number ONE!! 10 out of 10 .............

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank CALVINVJAMISON
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Westage Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thanks for returning to Extended Stay America and for sharing your wonderful feedback. Our staff is committed to providing and outstanding service, so Shazabee will be happy to know her efforts helped make your stay a memorable one. It was a pleasure serving you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Booked a room through Bring Fido, Retired and travel with our dog . Room smelled like ammonia ( urine ) when we opened the door but I adjusted to that , it was a non smoking room but smelled like smoke later in the evening, no dishes etc,,, you had to ask, no coffee pot either , telephone did not work and neither did the alarm clock, security door was unlocked when we arrived , ( cardboard paper in the bolt to keep it from locking ) girl at the desk said that was because they have people stay form the Walmart and they do that sometimes. You ave to be there 3 days before they clean room , or make beds etc.. No ice machine in the entire hotel , never heard of that . every bad review you have read is all part of our experience as well, spend the time to find somewhere else ,this is a transient hotel , noisy and unsafe ,, no breakfast as they claim an big F from us

Room tip: Do not stay here , sleep in your car ,it will be better
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank laura07421
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Westage Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Please accept our most sincere apologies, as we never mean to disappoint our guests in any way, and we definitely failed in this attempt. We can assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable by our standards, and we will be reviewing and altering our guidelines to provide a wonderful experience to all of our guests. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused, and please visit us again so we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you deserve.