See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2018

The building is falling apart and the staff are overworked. The stairs were dirty with peeling siding and the outside had plaster falling off the walls. Our room had a crack across the floor that was covered with carpet. This was completely overpriced.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 August 2018

the first hotel that I saw for the Thruway, wish I had kept looking. No attempt to offer discount biased on AAA/AARP/Veteran. Seemed to be over 100 rooms in the building with three cars in parking lot both myself and the couple that wanted to check in behind me were told "let me see if I have any rooms" After staying I think this must be a place that traveling crews of itinerant workers must be dropped off at or they have a contract to provide housing to indigent people.Smoking rooms were available. Overall feeling is rundown and shabby. At this level of quality I would have expected rooms in the $60-80 range. Breakfast was meager and the same pile of dirty bed linens were in the hallway the entire time I was there.

Room tip: smoking rooms DEFINATLY smell of it
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2018

As we pulled up late on Saturday night, a vociferous argument erupted among a group of people lingering in front of the the entrance. Weeds were growing all around the building. We gave the argument a wide berth and waited about 10 minutes in the lobby while the overwhelmed desk clerks did the best they could under difficult circumstances to check us in. We were in room 257. There is no elevator. The stairway smelled of urine. The room smelled like an old electrical fire upon entering. Nail clippings, hair and dirt were ground into the carpet everywhere. We didn't want to remove our shoes. There appeared to be blood spattered on the on shower curtain. The public spaces were equally worn and unclean. Even the American flag in front of the building was tattered. An altogether disgusting place. We stayed only because all other facilities along the entire southern shore of Lake Erie were sold out that evening. In the future, I'd just keep driving no matter what.

Room tip: Don't stop here
2  Thank CharlesB95
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We stayed at this property for a week. I'm still trying to figure out why. Housekeeping was non-existent unless you went to the office, called the office or were lucky enough to find a housekeeper in the hallway. Too many days of no clean towels and the trash not being removed.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 July 2018

A group of families traveled to Dunkirk for a sporting event. Many families booked this hotel. Most of them checked out after the first or second night. This is the cheapest hotel in the area, but you need to know what to expect. The hotel will give you bad vibes if you are used to or expecting a 3 or 4 star stay. At check-in, the staff seemed a little defensive, but courteous. I imagine they have dealt with a lot of difficult customers with high expectations. During check-in, I was approached by a man who asked me to call 911. He claimed he was asked to leave and locked out by the management, but needed to collect his things and didn't want any trouble. I called and the police came and talked with him. I guess it worked out, because I didn't hear anything more about it over the next 3 days. Upon entering the room, there was a very strong perfume smell. Obviously, this was to cover up some other offensive odor. My child and I have bad allergies, but it didn't seem to affect us. We looked under the mattresses for any signs of bed bugs or blood and found none. (Buffalo is supposedly a bad city for bed bugs.) We did find a burn on the mattress; probably a cigarette burn. This hotel does have smoking rooms and does allow pets. My family did not want to continue to stay there; especially after finding out others checked out and talked negatively about this place. We stayed the first night to see how it went. It was ok. The free breakfast the next day was pretty good; waffle maker, toaster, cereals, coffee and tea, apple and orange juices, yogurt. Saw two police cars the next day. Apparently, there is a man that hangs out at this hotel, despite being taken away multiple times. Didn't get the impression he is dangerous, just didn't belong hanging out there. Room didn't get made up the next day. ? Stayed the next night. Ok. Another decent breakfast. Room made up the next day. All interactions with staff were good. They seemed attentive and accommodating. The lady that takes care of the breakfast area worked her tail off! Overall, this place seemed ok for the price, compared to the alternatives in the area. Just go in knowing this is not a fancy place and your choice is to save the money and trade the "amenities". Also, no pool. Bottom line, ok for the price.

Room tip: If sensitive to smoke or pets, ask to see the room before paying.