“Excellent on all levels”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 145 Restaurants in Garden City
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Located at the Entrance of Roosevelt Field Shopping Mall
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to the nearest Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Having recently moved to Long Island for the UK this was a first visit to a Ruth's Chris restaurant - they don't have restaurants in the UK to my knowledge. It was our 30th anniversary and I wanted to treat my wife to a special dinner. And this restaurant really delivered! Ruth;s know how to cook steak and both my Ribeye and the wife's Fillet were really very good - some of the best steak we have eaten in a restaurant anywhere. We decided to both stick to the 'Ruth Classic' fixed menu option where you can choose from a smaller selection of food for a great value price. Because it was our anniversary we also got deserts free. Service was great, efficient, not rushed, advised on how the steaks are cooked and very friendly. There is lots of parking including valet parking. The restaurant has a good atmosphere, is very nicely decorated in a sophisticated style and we requested a booth for a more private anniversary meal, which we got. So in summary, easy parking, nice surroundings, good service and great food. OK, its not cheap, but given the overall quality of the experience it is excellent value. We will return for sure.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

It was my hubby's birthday, and I wanted to make sure he had an amazing day. We started the day off with couples massage an facials. Then a quick lunch, relaxed and then head over to Ruth Chris Restaurant for dinner, OMG or service kept us laughing throughout the whole dinner. He recommended a drink for me hubby and he loved it..Overall food was good, service was excellent and the atmosphere was very nice

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Brought my customer here in July. The service was excellent, exactly what you would expect from a good steakhouse. Our meal was perfectly cooked, the sides were awesome and desserts wonderful. Will entertain here again.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Quiet at lunchtime. Had the ribeye, lobster Mac and cheese, and creamed spinach. Pretty much ordered same. Enjoyed!
Pricey for lunch but we all needed just a light nosh at dinner time.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Expensive steak house but so worth the money!

My husband and I go about once a year for special occasions. It's amazing. The food is superb (delicious steak cooked perfectly, and you must try the sweet potato casserole side dish! I generally don't like sweet potatoes with brown sugar and whatnot, but this is absolutely amazing), the atmosphere is great, and the service is amazing.

They have white or red sangria (both are delicious) and various other drinks.

I also really like that they have a price fix menu. I forget the exact price but it's around $50-60 per person and you get a salad, steak, side dish, and dessert. Granted, the steak isn't the same size as off the regular (not price-fix) menu but it's still more than enough food and we always leave completely stuffed.

Oh, there are some different sauces that you can order (free of charge, I believe). The house red sauce (which is similar to peter luger's sauce), and a white hollendaise sauce. My husband usually asks for both on the side. I prefer my steak un-dipped. To each their own :)