“Elegant setting and Food to match !”
Review of Orchid

Orchid
Ranked #17 of 138 Restaurants in Garden City
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Was on Long island visiting for a long weekend and came here with friends. Had looked it up before coming so came here on previous reviews and was not disappointed. All in our party of 4 were very pleased with the service and food ordered. The dining room reminded me of an elegant dining room on a ship as the ceilings are not high and had chandaliers. I would be a regular if I lived here and highly recommend you visiting as well. Very good noodles, egg rolls and all aspects met or exceeded expectations.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

I've lived in area for 13 years, but as a loyal customer- whenever I wanted old school Americanized Chinese food, I would go to my place in queens.

After 50+ years in business, they closed their doors. I've been continuously disappointed with takeout options available in the area and needed something close, and good.

Welcome Orchard! I went for takeout and as a first timer when I visit a new place, I order basics.

I was pleasantly surprised!!! The food was fresh tasting, not overly salty and extremely tasty!!!

I had wonton soup, roast pork, chicken and broccoli, dumplings, rice, and chow mein. There were no leftovers!!!

I look forward to going back and exploring the menu further.

This is not an inexpensive place, prices for Chinese food are high, but you do get what you pay for.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Have been here a few times in the past few months while visiting. Terrible entrance and a pain to get down the stairs. After that...all good. Soups are very good, simple and good. Shrimp fine many ways. I go with Lake Tung Ting Shrimp usually, but Grand Marnier Shrimp is also superb. Very good service. Not cheap for Chinese food at all. If price is not a big concern, dishes are around $25.00 a shot, then go and enjoy.

1  Thank UncleBud77
Reviewed 22 August 2016

One of the best Chinese places to eat. Excellent service and prices are reasonable. Quiet atmosphere.

2  Thank Keecoo
Reviewed 12 July 2016

It has been many years since I have enjoyed and old style, white table cloth and ceramic tea pot type restaurant. This is that place. The food and service are both impressive. Our water glasses and tea pots were refilled almost before they were emptied. Custom dishes were no problem. And the pistachio ice cream recommended by our waiter had a wonderful cherry undertone reminiscent of a good spumoni.
My walnut shrimp, although not on the menu, arrived with colossal shrimp that had a surprisingly good crunch under the honey sauce. There were no mystery brown limp vegetable here. Every vegetable was bright and very fresh and crisp and even the tea was worth noting. This was a wonderful find in an unimpressive looking store front.

2  Thank Deb K