“Great restaurant for a special birthday!”

Valley Restaurant at The Garrison
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Garrison
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We come to Valley Restaurant every year for Restaurant Week so besides excellent food you get a great price. For my mother's 80 birthday she wanted to celebrate at Valley with the young adult grand children too. The food was delicious as always and the service was top notch. James, the manager, made sure it was special not only for my mom but also for my husband (it was his actual birthday). Daniel, our server, was wonderful at tending to all our requests.
The LI Skate Wing was delicious in its caper lemon brown butter sauce and those who ordered the grilled hangar steak loved it. Cooked just right. The warm caesar salad was wonderful with black garlic. We are lucky to live in this area where farming is bringing fresh and interesting food to our markets and tables.
The restaurant is a lovely country style with a view of the Hudson Valley that is amazing. The huge windows make you feel like you are outdoors.
My husband and I had our wedding reception here coming up on 30 years ago. There was a wedding reception going on the Saturday evening we were there. A perfect place for such a special occasion!
We will be back!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Valley Restaurant is one of my favorite restaurants. We have come in for brunch on a number of occasions, as well as for dinner, and have loved every meal. My husband and I got married at The Garrison, so this spot holds a very special place in our hearts, but the excellent food and exquisite service keeps us coming back. It was actually the brunch at Valley that solidified our choice to get married at the property, you simply cannot beat the food and that stunning Hudson River view!

My absolute favorite thing on the brunch menu is the short rib hash. The flavors are spectacular and the portions are just right. I also enjoy the lobster risotto when we come for dinner. I love that the ingredients are locally sourced, and some are grown in the garden right on the property!

A good meal cannot be complete without excellent service, and the service at Valley cannot be beat. James the restaurant manager, is very visible, and checks in on all patrons from greeting you, to ensuring your meal is cooked to your liking. The waiters at Valley are all very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. They check in on you just the perfect amount. Daniel was our waiter during our last visit, and we cannot say enough about his service!

The restaurant itself is beautiful, but I love to go on a nice day to sit outside and enjoy the stunning views. Valley is one of those places that is elegant, yet still comfortable and feels like home. I'm looking forward to our next meal at Valley!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We came for a wedding and decided to have a light lunch since we had arrived early. We ordered the kale salad, tomato salad and a side of brussels sprouts. The sprouts were cooked to perfection, crisp on the outside and fully cooked but not mushy inside. The tomato salad contained ripe, flavorful sliced heirloom and cherry tomatoes on a delicious basil pesto, topped with balsamic "pearls." Diners around us were enjoying super-thick hamburgers, lobster omelets, and more. A full bar with knowledgeable staff and beautiful views of the Hudson Valley made this an experience we would love to repeat.

1  Thank ModernLove60
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch with breathtaking views of the Hudson Valley.
We ate outside under a lovely umbrella. The Sommelier, Server and Chef could not have been more welcoming. Daniel pointed out the lovely day and indeed with his welcome and the great views and cuisine, this could not have been a better Sunday destination. We dined on the Home made Ricotta Raviola, Long Island Sea Bass and an appetizer of succulent duck with cilantro tacos. This Restaurant specializes in locally sourced food. Their cheese board features cheese from local farms, and is specially chosen. Desserts and coffee complete the views and relaxing time! Enjoy a memorable Sunday brunch or lunch in the Hudson Valley.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

My wife and I had Sunday brunch here while staying at the Inn. On a beautifull morning in August it was wonderful to sit out on the patio and enjoy the view of the mountains. The food was very good (Lobster omelet is recommended) and the service attentive and friendly. Our waiter from Belgium made us feel quite at home. We would certainly come back again when we are in the area.