“Wide ranging tastes and superb wine pairings”
Review of FLX Table

FLX Table
Ranked #23 of 95 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$49 - US$49
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We went to F.L.X. Table tonight for dinner. Theirs is an interesting concept - 14 diners at a communal table with two seatings nightly. Wine pairings of various levels are available as well as beer pairings. They serve a tasting menu, are very attentive to allergies or food dislikes, and have one of the best sommeliers I have ever experienced. We started with artisanal bread from Fairport, NY paired with various butters and spreads, along with cheeses, pickled and raw veggies. Butters, etc. included miso butter, turmeric and ? hummus, chili oil, cheeses, ricotta with red pepper flakes. Despite the wide variety, all the flavors worked well together.

Second course was of roasted potatoes and apple with an unctuous housemade pancetta and a lemon aioli and a black garlic sauce. Third course was halibut cheeks prepared sous vide and kohlrabi and other veggies. Each party was served two wines so that one might trade back and forth with each course. The wines were fascinating - from France, the USA, Santorini, Spain, Italy and from the Alsace as well as the Finger Lakes of NY.

Dessert was a Pavlova made with rhubarb, vanilla honey cream and hazelnut streusel.

I highly recommend FLX Table. You will not likely get a reservation on short notice and even the New York Times has recommended FLX Table as on of the best new restaurants in the US.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We were amazed that a phone call the day before got us a reservation for four BUT this was definitely an aberration! They normally book for the whole month in a day. If you're lucky or smart enough to book this eatery you're in for an evening of culinary delights not easily forgotten. It's the whole deal....pun intended! Your dealt a card which denotes your seat at the large farm table and be prepared to sit away from your party! By the end of the evening you'll have added several new friends to your contact list! The Chef is always in view and mingles through the evening as well as the Host and Somellier. We were well cared for and of course, the food was to die for! The Sous-vide Duck was meltingly delicious and the array of cheeses were perfectly blended. For me...the bread MUST be perfect or why waste the calories? "Amazing Grains" in Fairport, NY provided our panne this evening....it is at least an hour and a half from FLX but "only the best"! Seriously, the bread must have been the inspiration for "Bread of Three Rivers"...it dressed the meal as only really good bread does. The wine list and the Sommelier were both perfection....we concentrated on South African wines this trip. We'll go again when the weather is more gentle and enjoy the ambiance of the Linden Street neighborhood as well. Does anyone out there know the feel and flavor of the San Genaro Feast? Linden Street is a microcosm....lights strung across the narrow high and now being restored buildings. Just a magical area. This is a "must go" and "must return" dining experience! Good Luck with Booking....

1  Thank antonia s
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

This place is somewhat of a unique adventure and reminds me of eating in Italy except the portions are much smaller! Basically you are seated at one table so you have to ready to meet people and socialize which was fine with us. I enjoyed the first course of bread and veggies with dipping sauces and 5 different butter choices. We ordered some great wine from France and service was excellent. I could go on about the food, but needless to say it was excellent. My husband and I are foodies and love unique places that have great wine and service so for us this was Fantastic. If you don’t like being seated with new people, need a menu, don’t like wine and want quantity vs quality of food then this place is NOT for you. Otherwise make a reservation and enjoy the experience!

1  Thank Ccpayne
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I recently visited with my wife and we had one of the best meals in recent memory. The wine pairings were terrific and the food was perfect. Can’t wait for the next opportunity to return.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

My wife and I were invited by a friend to try this restaurant last night. Although the service was extremely efficient and knowledgeable - our "beet" themed dinner with the matching "Baller" wine pairings came up short.
Like many others, we consider ourselves serious foodies having lived in France (my wife is French) and with the good fortune to have a career that took me all over the world and to fine tables in distant lands.
We appreciated the seasonal and local theme and the butters, sauces and even bread were all exceptional. Of the tasting menu - the beet tartare was also terrific ...... however pork prepared "sous vide" now seems to be the de rigor, faddish and in vogue cooking technique employed to make a passable piece of meat enjoyable.
At some point value needs to come into the equation. I believe the tasting menu was worth every penny of the $59pp pre-gratuity cost - even if we did not enjoy every dish personally - they were all wonderfully prepared, presented and served. However............... I cannot say the same about either the wines served and paired with the meal or the pricing on the wine list. As example - FLX Table's wine list offers a Magnum (1.5L) of Gosset "Excellence" Champagne for $249. If you google wine searcher, you will find a 750ML bottle at Empire Wine in Albany for $33.99 - or $67.98 for a 1.5L quantity. How does any establishment justify a 3.7X markup?

1  Thank EMillsSmith