“Easy walk from B&B, good pizzas and pasta”
Review of Halsey's

Halsey's
Ranked #5 of 97 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Nice environment, friendly staff, good menu. Had the pizza and fungi pasta which was amazing. Would definitely suggest for a meal while in Geneva.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Had a nice family dinner at Halsey's. Interesting variety of pizzas and main dishes. Service was good. Their Lasagna is baked in the brick oven, delicious. They were able to make a plain pepperoni pizza "off menu" for the less adventurous diners in our group. It takes a while to fill larger orders as the oven has a limited capacity. Some may have considered this slow service but we sat right in front of the pizza maker and watched her work so it was clear why our order took a little longer. I imagine on a busy weekend, it may be even slower.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Had so much potential, but...got up four times to find someone. No one acknowledge we sat down. No one got is a drink. NO ONE CHECKED on OUR FOOD. No one brought us a check.

1  Thank sarat777
Reviewed 24 July 2018

From all the glowing reviews, we expected to have a fantastic meal. Didn't quite happen that way.

Our waitress was nice, but when I asked her a question about one of the beers, she said "I don't know". If she turned around, she was literally 5 feet from the bar. So while she expected that "I don't know" was acceptable, I asked if she would check at the bar and she did. Question answered.

We ordered the crab "cakes" which are actually fried balls. While they tasted good, the middle was refrigerator cold. Not even warm. We've eaten cold crab, so we didn't complain.

Our dinners came out. My husband cut into his salmon and it was totally raw. He will eat anything, but he couldn't eat this. The waitress took it back for him and returned a few minutes later with the salmon cooked better. The chicken on my caesar salad was burned so bad I had to cut off edible pieces. There was about 1/2 left on the plate of black, burned chicken. Although she couldn't miss it, the waitress didn't mention it or ask how it was. She just took the plate away when we were done.

We waited 15 minutes for our check. Way too long when the restaurant was practically empty.

I really can't see where all the good reviews are from. Maybe we just went on a bad night? We were very disappointed.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Travel02886
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Good service and a menu with daily specials. Brick over pizza available and ours was very good as were salads. Lots of local wines on wine list. Other than a noisy foursome fairly quiet.

Date of visit: July 2018