“Very Strange Place”

Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Pier House restaurant is part of the Ramada Geneva Lakefront and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of the week. Enjoy comfortable dining suitable for couples, corporate and family. Our dining room overlooks Seneca Lake, and you may choose outdoor dining from Spring through Fall for a closer lake experience.
Reviewed 2 August 2018

We have eaten breakfast here three times over the years when we stay at the Ramada. Every time the service has been slow from getting seated to getting your food delivered. Hostess acts like you are an annoyance for showing up. The food is mediocre at best. Today when we ate there was an odd smell like they used a sour rag to wipe the table. We will be trying a new place for breakfast in the future.

Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at The Pier House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

While it is never easy to hear that a guest's experience was anything less than ideal, we value all feedback and will certainly utilize your comments to ensure a superior experience for future guests. We sincerely hope you will allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you visit!

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Surprised by outstanding cuisine at a Ramada inn restaurant. Not only outstanding service. But nice wine selection and food was excellent. Best french onion soup we’ve had on a 2 week trip— and we’ve tried at least 4– and scallops as appetizer were Devine.

Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at The Pier House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you for being our guest and thanks for your kind remarks on your experience - it is always a pleasure to hear that a guest's meal exceeded their expectations. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed dining with us at The Pier House. I have shared your kind remarks with our chef who joins me in thanking you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and hope to always exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

We were staying at the hotel, so we decided to have breakfast and dinner at this restaurant. Our breakfast was good. I had eggs benedict and they were cooked perfectly and very tasty. The waitstaff was attentive and friendly at breakfast.

I had a mushroom pasta for dinner and it was good. My husband had fish, I think baramundi. He thought it was excellent! He really enjoyed it.

The hostess was a little cranky. The restaurant was less than 1/2 full, but she seemed all huff huff about seating us. She was also dressed kind of sloppily with cropped pants and a t-shirt that looked a bit worn. Our waitress was also not very friendly. In fact, we joked that she was probably the hostesses' daughter. She was similarly dressed and had the same attitude. She actually came over to our table and said "You're all set". Not a question. A statement. Then she dropped the bill off.

The food was better than we expected for a hotel restaurant, and the view is gorgeous, but some of the staff need training. And, work-appropriate attire would go a long way to set the atmosphere. I would have gone with one less circle for service, but the breakfast staff was good.

While we are pleased to know that you enjoyed the food during your visits here, we are disappointed to know that the service you encountered during dinner failed to meet the high standards that we strive for. Please know that your feedback is being addressed internally as well as having been escalated to our Corporate Team to ensure a superior experience for future guests. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back as we feel certain your next experience will exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 24 July 2018

I don't usually write reviews but just had to this time. I initially hesitated eating here due to the other reviews I read about poor service but there were 8 of us coming from 3 locations and this was the perfect spot to meet. I made the reservation for 8 people at 6:00 outside - then just to be sure I called the manager and explained my concerns about the poor reviews. He said he would talk to his staff and everything would be wonderful that night. Well, it was anything but!! Others in my party arrived first and were told we could not eat outside because the tables couldn't be put together for 8 people - the umbrella's were too heavy to move!! We could eat at 2 tables or go inside. We chose inside. Although the waitress was pleasant and the restaurant was not busy at all everything took forever. We had been there over an hour before we finally had bread dropped off but had to get up and look for bread plates. (the bread was quite dry and hard) When the food came, 3 of us ordered a second glass of wine and they did not come untill we were almost completely done eating. We had to ask to get more water and on top of that my brocollini had a black rubber band cooked right into it, which I showed the waitress and asked her to show the chef. Once we were done I had to go find her to see if we could get coffee or hear about dessert. We had asked for two checks at the beginning of the meal and when we asked for a bill the waitress came after a very long time and said there was a computer glitch and they couldn't do it. They finally got our two bills and we had nothing taken off for finding a rubber band in the food - No discount, No free dessert not even a visit from the chef or matre'd to apologize. After mentioning it again they gave us $5 off. Then when we left we saw a party of 8 eating outside when we were told No!! The venue is beautiful but the service is horrible and this was AFTER having talked to the manager ahead of time. The food was ok other than the rubber band and my salmon was almost burned on the bottom. The restaurant was not at all busy on this Thursday night and oftentimes the wait staff was standing around talking instead of serving their customers. We will not be returning and I will be calling the manager again tomorrow.

While it is never easy to receive less-than-complimentary feedback on a guest's experience, we genuinely appreciate all feedback and constantly utilize it to ensure we provide our guests with the best possible experience. Thank you for reaching out to us and giving us the chance to address your concerns; I understand that you did indeed speak with members of our Management Team and that we will soon have the opportunity to replace this experience with superior one. We look forward to welcoming you back again and feel certain your next experience will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

On our way up to New England states we were in Geneva just one night and the person at the front desk at our hotel recommended The Pier House. We had hoped to be seated outside but the weather was a little uncertain and they weren't seating anyone outside. My husband ordered the French Onion Soup and said it was exceptional. He orders it a lot of places so if it was good enough to praise here it must be good! I had a very excellent NY strip. Our waitress seemed to be in training but we did fine. Not very busy at all for a Saturday night. Has a great view of the lake and when dinner is over you can leave your car in their parking lot and walk down to the pier that goes out into the lake. There is a little ice cream place by the pier that was still open at 9:00pm which was very nice. Lovely spot for dinner.

Thank you for dining with us at The Pier House and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to know that our French Onion Soup met with your husbands approval and that you enjoyed your steak. We appreciate your patience with one of the newer members of our wait staff and hope we will have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future!