All reviews fish lighthouse restaurant private pool indian ocean main pool buggy drivers our honeymoon tuna outdoor shower six days special thanks salad warm welcome sunset beach blue safari in advance a la carte options
Reviewed 20 August 2018

First of all sorry If my English is no perfect , I'm Italian and I'll try to do my best .
I really would like to give 5 stars at this resort but I can't ..and now I'll try to explaine you why.
This is a new Fours Seasons Resort and concerning the hotel my rating is 5 stars .
What I don'really appreciate is the beach and the sea .
Probably August is not the right time to travell to Seychelles .
The weather is use to change quickly and there always a lot of wind .
The beach in front of the main pool is really small and full of seaweed so in this way the water is never very clear.
My room was # 30 , very nice with a private pool but there is no changes to go to beach in front of it by the way there are many big rocks everywhere .
All the travellers must know that in this Island there is no one mobile operator so the only way to call somebody is Wi Fi there you can find everywhere but really slow.
The resort is TOP and all services are perfect .
You stay at Four Seasons and the standard are very very high, nothing to say about it.
For everybody I suggest the restaurant Ligth House , te food is fantastic but you make a reservation at the same time of your arrive, the restaurant is really small not more the 20/30 seats.
At least some suggestions for the manager ( not strictures .. ) just to improve the resort.
Nobodys tell me at my arrive that there are other beaches on island and that there was the possibility to make a full trip with the buggy .
Casually I heard about only the last day and so I organized a tour founding other beaches really much better that the beach in front of the main pool.
We stopped to see the turtles as well !
It could be a good idea if the staff were to inform to all the customers about this chance
It would also be nice if you could equipe those beaches with some chairs and umbrella.
My last suggestion is about the restaurant Cladine .
The Indian dinner was fantastic but why not organize a buffet once of twice a week ?
I really hope this my few suggestions could be a good help for you and for all the new travellers .

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dino B
FSSeychelles, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Dino B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback with us!

It makes me very happy to read about your positive experiences and to know how much you enjoyed your stay, however I do also appreciate your comments regarding areas we could improve. Our little island does indeed have 14km of beautiful untouched beaches to explore, so whilst some may have some more natural seaweed on some days, other beaches will be picture perfect and clear. Our team does its best to remove as much seaweed as possible, however this is a natural occurrence and we are careful to not want to disturb the natural ecosystem that we are so lucky to be part of as the seagrass is also a haven for sea turtles.

Thank you again for your feedback and wonderful comments which I shall proudly share with the team. I very much appreciate it and hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,
Nick Solomon

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I would like to share our outstanding holiday experience at this resort.
Our villa Nr 12 was beautiful,large and kept always very clean.
The island was beautiful with lots of coconut treas.The people working at this resort are very nice,always with a smile in the face and always ready to help.
My very very special thank goes to Melody.She was very kind,always ready to help and explain everything.She works hard,but you could see that she loves her job.She has a very nice and friendly character,which makes you feel always welcome.
Thank you for everything!
Family Georg from Austria (Vienna)

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We had an amazing two weeks at FS Desroches and really cant find anything to fault. Service was consistenly great, the villas spacious and tasteful, the food brilliant and the location is amazing. I cant give enough praise to everyone working at Desroches. Sherif, Faith, Futta, Ryan, Putta, Gino, Stephan, Ganga, Tini, etc etc, you know who you are!. They were all kind, attentive and understanding with us and our two kids and it was a joy on its own to learn more about them. Thank you all again, we will be back!. The island itself is large and varied enough to explore on a daily basis by bike or on foot, the beaches are mostly empty and gorgeous and the reef offers stunning snorkeling. We went on a private fishing trip twice with Bradley and his excellent team and we absolutely loved the experience. They are extremely knowlegeable and brilliant hosts. The food was better and more consistently so than at any other resort we have visited in the last few years, plus they are lovely guys as well, Olivier etc etc again. Transfers were also easy and well organised and checkin and checkout efficient and complete. Nothing to fault therefore. 10/10

Room tip: Choose a Sunset beachvilla.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank antonymeijer
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We spent a week in a 2 bedroom villa on the
newly opened Four Seasons resort on Desroches Island.
Upon arrival from Mahé (40 minute flight) we were welcomed by the staff on the runway and taken to our fabulous accommodation.

We went in the first week of August and the weather was fantastic, there were a few slightly windier days but the majority were warm and sunny in the higher 20s. Being an island far off the coast of anywhere else, the weather is subject to change and of course that includes the sea conditions. However we found the temperature and the sea conditions to be wonderful, ia few days where the sea grass was moved on to the beach but on the whole beautiful pristine beaches in a natural environment.

The accommodation is outstanding, the food is wonderful and the Chefs from each restaurant make it their business to welcome you and ask if there’s anything you would like or need. On top of which the friendly staff greeted by name every morning and the service is impeccable the staff to get ratio is extremely high.

This is a very relaxing, natural, family friendly holiday. chefs from each restaurant make it their business to welcome you and ask if there’s anything you would like or need. On top of which the friendly staff greeted by name every morning and the service is impeccable the staff to guest ratio is extremely high.

This is a very relaxing, natural, family friendly holiday with high quality food, drink and service. The island is quite big and you are given bikes to ride the minute you arrive. There are many natural habitats which include an area of giant tortoises, particularly George who is the star of the show, who you can feed daily. The butlers pick you up on the golf buggies and are most accommodating to show you around the island and break a few coconuts for the children and generally keep you entertained.

There are a lovely couple on the island who run the conservation team and, for a charge towards their work, you can do a night walk and look for green turtles laying their eggs on the beach at night. My children found this fascinating and even got 2/one of the female turtles as she made her way back into the ocean. An experience none of us will forget .

The communal bar and pool area is quiet and personal - the bar man made us some bespoke drinks and we had private chairs on the sand, the sunsets and star gazing is just stunning!

We felt part of the hotel family on this holiday and the children made some wonderful friends with the staff, we were all very sad to leave. Waving goodbye as we took off made us positive we would return!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lucyhieattsmith
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Overall: 5.0/5
We really enjoyed the resort. It was the best hospitality experience of our lives. I strongly recommend to anyone for a tropical resort getaway, particularly couples. This is a very well executed establishment by Four Seasons, Albwardy Investment and IDC.

Service and Staff: 5/5
The staff offer hospitality that feels particularly genuine - making you feel that they really wish to ensure that you enjoy every aspect of your experience. This genuine service differentiates Four Seasons as a hospitality management company, and I believe much of it derives from the fact that the staff seem happy and to take such pride in what they do - which I admire. This property in particular pulled this off.

In our case, I was planning an engagement. The staff went far out of their way to ensure that every detail was executed flawlessly. They helped us plan a very special engagement and also made sure that we captured every moment on camera. Every person on the staff really went out of their way and every staff interaction we had was excellent. It was also very clear that they are extremely well trained in every detail.

The staff were also very considerate and made special touches. They went so far out of their way to make our engagement perfect - I cannot thank them enough.

Food and Beverage: 4.8/5
The only reason this isn't 5/5 is breakfast (which was 4/5). Otherwise, the food was excellent - 5/5. The ingredients were incredibly fresh and high quality, particularly considering the fact that we were on such a remote island. The preparation and presentation was superb - Michelin star quality. The Chef was very passionate and helpful - he even arranged special beef to be flown in for our dinner, and he prepared it perfectly.

The cocktails were also excellent, with care and passion of the bartenders going into each beverage.

Breakfast was a combination of buffet and a short list of a la carte items. I believe the issue with breakfast was a lack of selection, which I do understand is a challenge at a small hotel especially when it is at low occupancy as it was when we were there. I believe in such cases, a wider selection of A la Carte items and no buffet or a very limited buffet would be a better choice. The items there were good and well prepared, but the choices were just too limited.

Rooms, hotel build and design: 5/5
The rooms are beautiful and have a unique interior design which gives them character. They are quite private and once the shrubbery has grown in, they will be completely private including in the plunge pool and private garden. The build and design of the hotel overall is of excellent quality, there is ongoing development which will only improve on this.

Activities 5/5
There is a lot to do on the island for couples and families. The diving is great, with good corals and a great, diverse population of fish and turtles. The island is a good size, with 17km of biking trails. The beaches are the among best I have visited, with so much beachfront you can easily find a beach all to yourself. We visited even the main beaches and for hours could see no one for kilometers in each direction, although this was during low occupancy.

The turtles and tortoises are very special and can be found in abundance in the sea and on land.

The discovery center was brilliant, with great - knowledgable staff who really were passionate about the natural life of the island. They have great presentations and information.

There is good diversity of activities available and you could certainly keep yourself busy and entertained for even an extended trip on the island.

One particular recommendation I can make is to go to the far end of the runway and stargaze on a clear night. The stars you can see from the island are unreal.

Getting to the hotel: 4/5
Desroches is a 30 minute flight by a small, but nice private turboprop aircraft operated by IDC. The aircraft is much better than the sea planes and light aircraft you often experience at these remote resorts, which made us feel safe and enjoy the short flight. The pilots were very good as well.

I believe there is room for improvement, however, from the time guests arrive at the Mahe airport until they are connected to Desroches. We were greeted by Four Seasons staff as soon as we arrived and were brought to a coffee shop to wait, but in absence of any arrival lounge as you have for top tier properties in Maldives, I feel the hotel should partner with a coffee shop or restaurant near the airport and host their guests while they wait offering some beverages and snacks. Some books or information about the hotel, the island etc would be helpful.

Recommended length of stay: 5-8 nights (at least 4, you could enjoy several weeks as well)

Comparisons: People often consider Mauritius vs. Seychelles vs. Maldives for tropical holidays and ask us for recommendations. Having travelled in the past few months to Mauritius (Four Seasons), Maldives (St. Regis) and Seychelles (Four Seasons Desroches) - each has their own unique benefits and drawbacks. If I had to chose, it would be Desroches as it has the right balance of beauty, things to do, privacy, relaxation and excellent service. For diving, I would say Maldives first, then Desroches, then Mauritius as a distant third. For activities I would say Mauritius, Desroches then Maldives. For beauty, tranquility, relaxation and privacy - Maldives and Desroches are tied, then Mauritius although it has its own unique, different beauty. I briefly visited the Four Seasons on the main island of Mahe is Seychelles, it was beautiful and I have heard only great things - but if I had to chose between the two it would certainly be Desroches.

Date of stay: June 2018