“Trustless and unfriendly Owner”
Review of Chez Michelin

Chez Michelin
and 1 more site!
Chez Michelin
Ranked #46 of 49 La Digue Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2016

I made my reservation 2 weeks before I arrived. I called them and wrote an E-Mail. Fortunately I called again before arriving and they said they didn't have a reservation for me, but a room is free and so I can come. After 3 days they told me that I have to leave earlier because a big group is comming and they need my room. They said it in an unfriendly and angry way. They didn't recommended another room or organized something.
As a guest they gave me often the feeling that I disturb and spoke with me in an unfriendly way. I wouldn't stay there again. Because they act arbitrary and throw you out when they can make more profit with anotger guest.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Katja T

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Our stay got off to a bad start..and unfortunately went from bad to worse!

Had tried to phone two days before booking to ask some simple questions. Line constantly busy so emailed. No response. Phoned day before again and was told by the person who answered she was too busy to talk and would respond to email. Never received a response before arrival!

On arrival, staff member looked at us completely blankly - seemed not to be aware of our booking at all.

Then proprietor tried to say we had only booked a one-bedroom bungalow with three single beds for 130 Euro, despite me providing proof of the booking.com app page clearly showing we had booked for three adults in 1x Queen + 2x twin bed configuration at this price.

Despite being ‘self catering’ there was absolutely NOTHING in the room. No tea, coffee, milk, sugar, salt, pepper. No cereal bowls, wine glasses, ice tray. No toaster. No dishwashing liquid even. The dishwashing sponge was so old and revolting it was falling apart. The oven was gas which needed lighting, but there were no instructions to show us how to do so. The booking.com ad said there would be a TV and safe. There was neither. The ad said ‘toiletries’ but the extent of this was a small bar of soap, which we had to go and ask for, along with a hand towel for the bathroom. The ad said WIFI…again, nothing. The pillows were as hard as bricks and the extent of bedding was just a thin sheet.

The proprietor was extremely rude throughout our stay. One other staff member did her best under the circumstances to try and bring us the things we asked for, but we were back and forth to reception like yo-yos.

This was an incredibly disappointing stay, especially as La Digue is one of my favourite places in Seychelles and I had hoped to show my mum and aunty visiting from NZ why I love it there so much.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

They now have rooms with air conditioner and very comfortable beds they have a delicious breakfast which they can serve to your cabin, it's right next to the beach, very helpful and understanding owners which are very friendly and it's nice to stay there because it is supporting a local family business and not a big corporate one.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2016

Great place 5 mins walk from the ferry and shops and restaurants. One of the most economical self catering places in Seychelles. Large, clean Aircon rooms ( although some only have a fan) Great breakfast, fruit, eggs, toast ,juice , tea and coffee included in price. You can get your bike hire here too. Next door to a big hotel -l' Orangerie , where you can have lunch, drinks, dinner spa and use the wifi!!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with Aircon as they don't all have it.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

I booked a last minute trip to La Digue and chose Chez Michelin randomly. In terms of value for money it's fine. Rooms are small and basic. Showers are good, deck is nice to sit out on although if the room next to you is occupied it's not private as you share a decking.

Sooo close to the beach. 5min walk to the Ferry. Next to the most lush hotel on the island which I recommend for an evening cocktail and lunch by the water.

The staff were really flexible with a late check out which was much appreciated. If I was just looking for a room for a night I would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple